Thread: CPU comparisons.

Blog Entries

Default CPU comparisons.

My PC went gaga today, actually it's only xp dieing but this has spurred me on to get a new pc after months of nearly doing so, well tomorrow i will.

Whilst trying to decide how much to spend and what processor to get i found this usefull performance comparitor.

http://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu.ht...=438&chart=193

Thought others might find it usefull.

Ahh thats the same one I posted. You should be aware that tomshardware has been known for its not so factual information.

Mark, If XP is dying, try running system mechanic on it, it may well save it.
    Need Pro Computer advice?

Blog Entries

I am going to get a new pc, this is the final straw after quite a few irritating problems. In the summer it iverheated a lot, been doing weird things on boot up, and its getting on a bit.

I hope to be getting into editing hdv soon so my xp3000 needs updating for that too.

Also my system is a real home made lash up that makes more noise then a fan heater.

I have decided to go out tomorrow and buy a pre built core duo system from our friendly local pc shop. Enough is enough, but thanks for the suggestion.

Blog Entries

oops, duplicate post removed.

Smile

Sounds to me like this was just the excuse you needed.

You won't be disapointed, just finished editing HDV project with multilayer video and effects with colour correction throughout and timeline plays back at full framerate.

Core2 Duo
    stripe raid video drive

I wish you the same performance in Vegas.
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

Blog Entries

Soon I will hopefully...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post

I hope to be getting into editing hdv soon so my xp3000 needs updating for that too.

Also my system is a real home made lash up that makes more noise then a fan heater.
    It must be taking ages to edit on a xp3000, I'd be thinking of the free time, what you going to do with it all.
    If its a real mate doing prebuilt - not selling a dell or HP - then go for it if the price is right, you can always blame him if something goes wrong as well.
    Need Pro Computer advice?

Blog Entries

Well, the xp3000 is fine for nearly all sd editing needs on vegas, I cant asy that it bothers me greatly that it isnt faster most of the time.

Rendering is always time consuming - sure it will be better but wating 3 hours or 1 still means waiting an appreciable time.

I do look forward to a more realtime feel when piling on fx.