Thread: HELP - Created a DVD with Prem Elements 1.0 but can't copy it !!

Exclamation HELP - Created a DVD with Prem Elements 1.0 but can't copy it !!

Guys,

I have made a DVD using Premiere Elements 1.0. I only burned one (master) copy from Premiere Elements, straight to DVD.

I wanted to give copies of the DVD to family members so tried to make a copy using Nero DVD copying software, but it kept stalling.

I then tried taking the DVD files onto my C drive and then burning them back onto DVD.

The result of the copies is that they won't play on a decent DVD player, but play on cheap players i.e. those built into portable TVs.

Can anyone tell me how to make copies from the master DVD that will play in DVD players ???

It's an important DVD of my son's first 12 months.

Cheers

Alan McLean

If elements is anything like pinnacle studio which I use can you not just burn another copy from the projext file in elements. As long as you haven't deleted any files it should have everything still there from the first copy and be able to burn it again.

As to why Nero won't copy it I have no idea sorry.

Too late, I deleted the files to make room on the drive for another project.

Although I still have the DV tapes, I don't want to start from scratch, it took long enough 1st time round.

Nero must be reading a copy right file that Elements has put on the disc.

Any other ideas anyone?

Cheers

Alan

I may have to play the master DVD back through my Canopus ADVC55 AV-DV converter to Premiere Elements, and add the menus again. This might be as quick !

Alan

You say you deleted the files, but was that just the footage file or did you delete the project file as well.

If you still have the project file, then you can just recapture the footage and the in elements the project should reload as if you had never deleted the footage.
    would need to be put back in the same folders or you may hvae to repoint the project file to the footage.

If you have deleted both you could try something called DVDdecrypter which can be used for copying dvds this will remove most protection from commercial dvds for backup purposes so I should think it would be able to handle anything that elements has put on there.

Just google for it to find a link to where you can download it.