Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First thing EVER done in Vegas

Default First thing EVER done in Vegas

Hi all, total newbie to vid editing here. We shot our mates wedding video with the intention to just let them watch it but it turned into a mahooosive full blown editing project where I ended up using Vegas and DVD architect to do the whole thing.

Below are the very beginning into and the very last scene of the vid along with one of the mid way scenes. Hope you enjoy. Its given me the vid editing bug, just ordered some editors keys now

Intro (8mb)
    http://public.choir.it/2.wmv
    Lower quality YouTube link

Ending (14mb)
    http://public.choir.it/3.wmv

Middle bit (24mb)
    http://public.choir.it/wed.wmv
    Last edited by dannyoneill; 10-16-2006 at 02:01 PM.

On the whole bloody excellent, the only downside is the camera work, USE A TRIPOD, the middle bit was making me feel quite giddy

You said, 'Hi all, total newbie to vid editing here'.

You got to be pissing me, right? If this is your work whilst still new at editing I would love to see your work in 4 or 5 years. Loved the intro, very creative and I love the use of different layers.

Keep at it Danny, you got a talent.
    Last edited by yeebsy; 10-16-2006 at 02:33 PM.
    ggmabaapbnebtrbatst

Total newbie yup, installed the demo, spent 3 days playing with it and learning the effects then got producing.

We used a tripod in the actual vowes but the rest was just off the cuff fly on the wall througout the day. We were only asked to film the vowes but decided to do a bit more.

Shot using a Sony handycam MiniDV but now the missus is looking to move up a few steps.

The initial intent for the intro was picture frames with vid in in them but then found a site with the panning photos effect, gave it a go and it worked really well.

One thing I have learnt though, you need a mic when filming anyone whos not immediatly infront. The speeches were totally lost :(

Hi Danny

That was great, When I looked at it I felt sure that the pictures in frames intro must be some kind of template in Vagas (as I have never used it) but Wow. I have only just started myself, now I'm thinking of giving up.

What are editors keys? I know I should know but if you don't ask...

indiandy

I loked at your web site but could not find you!
    Last edited by indiandy; 10-17-2006 at 05:05 PM.
    Bi-Polar Films "R" me...

Blog Entries

Watched the intro - yes, nicely done and worked well for the subject of the video, and crikey even the page peel worked - usually all those tarty wipes are used randomly and I get my rating head on.

I agree with the page curls, the only transitions I would use are fades, cross fades, flash and simple cut. I was watching one wedding video with a slide show and between every single picture a new transition was used. I got tired.

The aim was to simulate a page turn, Ideally wanted a photo album but this was the next best thing.

If there is a template to do it in vegas I must have done it the hard way. It was a background image I panned and zoomed in or out. Then cut out some people in photoshop, place those pictures ontop in vegas and pan/zoom them. The actual thing looks a little messy but stick a picture frame in the way and it works great.

The web site, its my brothers. Hes the real creative genius, he does 3D work and has worked on the hitchikers guide to the galaxy, its him that pointed me in the direction of Vegas as I was previously using Nero Vision

Hi

It all looked great and inspired me to have a go at putting an movie image inside a frame of some kind.

You spoke of Editors Keys, I'm still in the dark.
    Bi-Polar Films "R" me...

Editors keys

Review: http://www.videoforums.co.uk/guide-editors-keys-87.htm
    Site: http://www.editorskeys.com

If you do give it a go I recommend cutting out the frames inside using photoshop rather than a mask in vegas. Its far easier and also I gave it a shadow which comes down on the vid behind. Small but it really gave it some depth.

Then save as a transparant PNG 24. Good quality and keeps the transparancy.
    Last edited by dannyoneill; 10-20-2006 at 01:39 PM.

Thanks for your help Danny

Being new I feel so stupid sometimes asking about stuff that is so basic, still you have to start some where.

The edit program I use is not covered in editors keys so I will ask my distributor direct if they produce there own set.

If not, in true Blue Peter fashion I might have a go at making my own, I did a similar thing when my son was learning the piano.

indiandy
    Bi-Polar Films "R" me...

no way is this guy a newbie, how the hell do you get that picture frame up? (im talking about the intro)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast