Thread: Need help with something again, sorry.

Default Need help with something again, sorry.

I need help again I hope anyone can help me.

Ok I have a video clip on one section of the timeline. I have slowed the video clip down by using that curser thing on the left.

Now heres the problem.

I then import music, I place music underneath the video clip but the music is also in slow motion. Is there anyway I can keep my video clip in slow motion and have my music in normal motion. I am using Vegas 6.0.

I really love this program and I want to continue to use it, thanks for your time.

Blog Entries

Hi. First things first... set "that cursor thingy" back to its normal position. Then, right click on your video track, go down to envelopes, and click on 'velocity'. A blue bar will appear on your video. Drag that down to slow your vid, it will not affect the sound. Good luck!

Thank you very much my friend its working, but theres another problem. The sound for the video clip isnt slowing down with the clip, is there a way I can slow down the clip (as you said) and it will slow down the sound with it aswell?

Many thanks.

Blog Entries

Might have misunderstood here,..... do you want to slow video with it's sound, and add a music track too? If so, hover the cursor over the end of the clip until it changes, then press Ctrl, and drag the clip longer, that'll slow the vid with its sound. That technique is called Rubber Banding.
    Last edited by Andy Lockwood; 10-15-2006 at 10:06 PM.

I want to slow down the video clip and slow down the sound with the videoclip.
    So say if I had a guy speaking I would want to slow down him speaking and then what he is saying will slow down aswell.

When I pull th velocity down the clip does slow down, but the sound with the clip doesnt slow down.

I hope I explained it ok. Many Thanks again.

Thanks for all of your help, I have done it. I will be sticking around this awesome forum.

Thanks.