Thread: A Taste of Shaan - Chef promo video

West Yorkshire, UK

Default A Taste of Shaan - Chef promo video

This is a 11 min promo I did earlier this year for a Indian Chef called Shaan who is head chef at the Rajput in Harrogate.

He wanted a video to send to marketing agencies about himself and his cooking. Shaan wants to push Indian cooking more mainstream with an eye of appearing on TV. I created this promo for him. Do you think it works as presenting him as a possible tv chef? Does it come across that his cooking style is unique Indian and not box standard. Any opinions, crits on the technical or content would be great. Thanks.

Hi Alex

Please accept my comments as the public eye , I have very little skill as a filmmaker as yet.

As a documentary into the workings of an indian restaurant I think you did a good job. The filming and overall presentation was fine and I am sure your client was happy with the results.

As a promotional video for marketing agencies I was unconvinced with Shaans presentation of himself.

I suppose the question is, how much responsibility should the filmmaker take on regarding creating the final sales pitch.

I know casual is very much in for "Celebrity Chefs" but the kitchen and surroundings and Shaans own presentation looked a bit sloppy for TV, He is obviously very keen about what he does, but is he passionate, it failed to come across in the film.

But as I said, I'm no expert. The filming, lighting, sound was good.

Last edited by indiandy; 10-13-2006 at 10:15 PM.
    Bi-Polar Films "R" me...