Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: grown at home live - 1st of a few vids from the vic hall gig

1. Default grown at home live - 1st of a few vids from the vic hall gig

as promiced here is the 1st of a few vids from the gig we filmed at vic hall, keighley.

http://www.komatoastproductions.co.u...wn_at_home.wmv

sadly there was a problem with the lights at the venue and could not get any light on the front of the stage.... this was because the PA system so the bloody big there was no power left fot the stage light! :( but i think its looks ok.

Blog Entries

Wow - looks like you are working hard for that money, but also looks like the work is coming in and on the strength of that video I think you should deffo charge more - I tht that was the best yet, by a long shot.

Have you considored a camera light, like maybe the PAG c6, I used one for the very few gigs I have done and it was great for highlighting the subject and looked very pro and cool too.

Also, I have this thing about story telling, I think every vid benefits from a visual narrative - beginning - middle - end. Start with long slow slots and slowly get closer / faster, then long at the end - that is one example - it's like you are taking the viewer on a journey...

I thought the editng was much better in this film and that high fixed camera was a great extra. Front man got better shots - maybe ahd a bit more space?

On a personal note, loved the music in this one.

3. Default

thank you very much. i agree its a better video.
    we had a tone more space at this venue and the extra cam in the back helped out with the establishing shots.

we do use a cam mounted light but its only a small one and lasts about 30mins max... we had 5 bands to film on this shoot and it didnt come inside the offer we advertised here earlier so we were paid well. none of these videos are going to be made in to a dvd, they are just for web use and maybe some enhanced CDs - which would be very cool for us to make up!

there will be about 4/5 more vids coming from this gig of different bands - i'm sure you will find them all on here as soon as they are done

Blog Entries

Yep, much better than the last one. Good work, keep it up.

Hi

Really enjoyed the video, what do you call that sound, it's a kind of manic ska, great

Really just the front man and a couple of shots missed out from your lighting problem, Wasn't there some problem with a jobs-worthy lighting tech at the Random Hand gig?

Maybe some form of quartz spot might be of some use, or you think that may create more problems than it would solve?

Anyhow good job!

indiandy

Turkeys aren't for life, there just for Christmas.

Komo just great. I liked it alot. Not my typr of music but i watched it all. How many cameras did you use and what cameras did you use. I am doing a similar project over here and ran into a few problems, for example premadonna sound tech and a local tv station boss that is an as##hole.
    Also do you do anything special with the stage lights to make sure you have enough light to film.
    DUDE were's my car
    www.myspace.com/cheapdirt07

7. Default

thanks indiandy, i would have loved a spot light from the back of the auditorium but i was promiced that the venue would sort all the lighting out - but there was not enough power to run any of their lights.... maybe they should have thought about that! the rig we used was very small but i think worked very well considering.

i think the would come under the ska catagory their other stuff is very good!

Quote Originally Posted by FNG View Post
    Komo just great. I liked it alot. Not my typr of music but i watched it all. How many cameras did you use and what cameras did you use. I am doing a similar project over here and ran into a few problems, for example premadonna sound tech and a local tv station boss that is an as##hole.
    Also do you do anything special with the stage lights to make sure you have enough light to film.
    we used 3 cameras: 1 in the back with semi-fisheye (small dv), 1 roaming sometimes with fisheye (small dv) and canon xm1 in the back of the auditorium. - this is the 1st time we have used this set up and worked very well, it made editing lots easier in reguard to making the video interesting.

we usually have problems with sound guys, they want to turn it up to 11 all the time but this makes life really hard for our mics. we usually try get sound from as many places as possible - we use sound from all cams + a minidisc recorder with a rode shotgun mic and if we can a line out from the sound desk to mix with the other sound (but sound from the desk can be crap as it generally sounds nothing like the sound in the room. but is worth having as a back up)

before any live shoot we make sure the light is set up to what we need. but sometimes we encounter light tech who adopt a hands on aproach to their job and fiddle with faders and flashing lights... i hate these people cos we then end up with focasign all over the place and underlit musicians

That was well put together and the editing was well paced to the style of the music. Camera work was mostly good, but didn't like unsteadiness or framing of the shots from the camera to the right of the stage in the 1st 50secs.

9. Default

i am sorry you didnt care for the framing and the shake of the roaming cam. as i am sure you can apreciate there was a crowed of over 600 people behind him dancing

where abouts in w.yorksire are you from?

Yep. Can be a challenge . Been in similar situations in my filming in nightclub days.

I live in Heckmondwike, which is right next to Batley, near Dewsbury and 10-15 mins from Leeds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast