Thread: need help on new camera

Default need help on new camera

ok the cannon has true widscreen and 1/5" ccd and the panasonic has 3 1/6" ccd but fake widscreen, I want to do basic stuff but for the money I want what will give me the best quality without any manufactured lighting, which camera would be better, I'll be doing music videos and basic comercials for fun but will go into my portfolio and maybe some independent work and what camera will be the best, any help would be great.

2. Default

1st off what is your budget? which canon and panasonic cameras are you talking about?

as far as getting a 'pro' or even 'semi pro' look for your projects any camera you get will not manage the look without any lighting. you may find that you can get a nice look which can then be messed around with using a plugin such as magic bullet, but you may as well buy a set of light for the money you would spend on the software - plus you would get a better result setting up you own lights.

your lighting rig doesnt have to be anything spectacular from arri or any other well know pro light setup......... we use workmens lights.. we made some basic barn doors for them and work quite well with gells and gauses. these lights are very low cost and well worth checking out!

Blog Entries

Ditto the lighting comments from Koma. Also those reflectors that stills people often use work well outside if you have a person to hold em.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    Ditto the lighting comments from Koma. Also those reflectors that stills people often use work well outside if you have a person to hold em.
    true true.... anything to make your subjects look less flat... this is the main thing to combat!

HA! i'm a poet.......... and................. i................ didn't realise

its a cannon elura 100 and a panasonic pvgs180

6. Default

if the canon does true widescrean i would go for that one.
    i would stress the need of a little artifical lighting.