Thread: dual 19" widescree or 4:3 - what do you prefer?

Default dual 19" widescree or 4:3 - what do you prefer?

i currently use 2x 17" CRT's

im planning on buying 2x 19" screens but im stuck on whether to get wide screens or 4:3's ?

if i get widescreen i gain width over my current 17's but i dont gain any height !. but if i get 4:3's i will gain a little more width and a little more height !

so for EDITING which do you guys prefer ?
    Intel Pentium D @ 4.3Ghz, Asus P5WD2-E Premium, 2Gb Mushkin DDR2, 512MB X1900XT, all watercooled baby !

Blog Entries

Personally I would work out which combination has the highest total pixel count and go with that. I am still using a bunch of old crts cos they run at 1600 x 1200 so give me the most space. I would love tfts but 1600 x 1200 tfts cost too much for me.

There are few ways of looking at this.

One of my clients opted for two pro LCD screen's that showed true black and colour,
    What we did was develop the computer system and selected the screens so that they had the best of both of your requirements.

You can use certain screens with a very limited boarder to create a single and very large wide screen, there is also split. this offers you with the ability to preview in widescreen, and have two apps open over the two screen which would work a one. The other option would be to keep the screens as single's and use them as two desktops to one computer screen.

Widescreen is great if your only using one, when its comes to two screen the aspect is changed and it may not work so well. Applications are generally built for 4:3 and you can lose certain parts.

Obiously - if you shooting in wide screen its easier to view on a widescreen.
    Need Pro Computer advice?

Most 4:3 19" tfts have the same res as 17"tfts 1280x1024 so you will actually gain nothing the picture will just be bigger.

I currently run 2 17" tfts but am considering replacing 1 with a widescreen 19" tft at 1680x1050 which will give me a nice wide area to stretch the timeline across.
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

Oddly enough, I was just designing some computer systems today.. I found some nice 20" TFT's which were Quite cheap, less than some of the other in the range.

I found that the mounts and speakers were rubbish, but the rest of the kit is good. 1400 x 1050 rez, its got a 600:1 ratio so its not to shabby.. and the price! 160.00, which I think is a steal.
    Need Pro Computer advice?