Thread: Who uses Sony Vegas

Default Who uses Sony Vegas

i dont mean how many of you use it... i mean in the industry.

i think that sony vegas is the best piece of software ive ever used... for anything. im aware that most of the pros use Avid and premiere... so is vegas widly used in the industry ? or... not ?
    Intel Pentium D @ 4.3Ghz, Asus P5WD2-E Premium, 2Gb Mushkin DDR2, 512MB X1900XT, all watercooled baby !

Blog Entries

What do you mean by 'the industry'? To what end are you asking the question?

i mean proffesionals. by that i mean TV, Film, and advertising.
    Intel Pentium D @ 4.3Ghz, Asus P5WD2-E Premium, 2Gb Mushkin DDR2, 512MB X1900XT, all watercooled baby !

Blog Entries

I'm going to assume you want to work in 'the industry' and want to use the tools you'd be using. Is that right?

It's just my opinion, but editing software is just that... editing software. If you're a talented editor, you'll produce professional results in more or less anything. Learning the software is just a matter of familiarising yourself with a new editor. If you have oodles of talent, I really don't think companies will give a damn if you don't know Avid inside out. What they want to see is a talented individual.

Blog Entries

I agree. Anyone can learn to use a particular editing program but learning to be a good editor is the skill that people will pay for.

If you are a creative and skilled editor on one software package then transferring those skills to another piece of software is straightforward.

I started this game 4 ish years ago and was at first just blown away by the technical whizz bangery of the software. It is only really in the last year that I have come to appreciate the nuances of editing, the art if you like. I still dont think I am even halfway there yet but it is the mastery of the art that sells, not the technical skill - although clearly that is needed too.
    Last edited by Mark W; 10-08-2006 at 03:59 PM.