Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Video

Exclamation First Video

This is our first net video and since it is on youtube quality is not great but a pretty good video. Varies person to person. Enjoy.

If you liked this video you can go to our website and download the better quality version.

http://www.clearvisionproductionsinc.com/videos.html

2. Default

ok.................................... 4:15 of my life i will never get back! i have a good mind to sue!

is clearvision actually an incorporated company?

was there a point to your video apart from some guy hitting a special needs kid with a pizza box........... for 4:15 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also you should think about using a tripod...... your camera operator cant stay still

Blog Entries

A very poor joke - pathetic and derivative in the extreme. Poorly produced. Not in the least funny.

Also offensive to anyone with a disablility.

If you are going to be offensive, edgy if you like, when doing comedy the it just looks rubbish and crass if that offense is the only comedic device in the piece. It isnt funny to laugh at disabled people anymore in case you hadnt noticed. You need to ensure that the gag is not only about the group you are mocking but making an ironic point for example, or a satirical point about how that group is percieved in society...

I dont know why I am bothering really cos I think you are a lost cause. No more crap like this please.

edit

Hmm, maybe that was a bit harsh - think a bit more is my advice, if you are amenable to advice there are lots of people here who can give you very helpfull guidance. That video was rubbish but if you are enthusiastic and prepared to listen to criticism - who knows..?
    Last edited by Mark W; 10-08-2006 at 10:37 AM.

Hey, thats why i put that the video wasnt very good in my post. But the main reason i put it on here is because critisim is good. and we already new that we should have used our tripod. But if anyone has helpful advice it is welcomed.

Blog Entries

As I said 'amenable to advice', the poor camera work is really the least concerning point, it's the poor taste and lack of thought that should really be your prime concern.

You could shoot that with a 5000 stedicam on a 70000 HDcam and have Brad pitt and Mike myers starring and it would still be offensive rubbish.

The most important thing in any comedy / drama is the gag / story.

6. Default

i would have to say - lost cause!
    clearly you dont get the fact that your video is crap on every level and taking the time to explain all your faults in detail would take a long time!

i was quite offended by this and the fact it went on for over 4mins is just silly........ even the funniest slapstic joke gets boring after the 1st min!

i cant imagin you were all sat there laughing your arse off throughout the entire video simply because its too damn long! and did i mention it was offensive!!!

what it the crazy pizza guy gunna do next run over a prenant black woman who has a cleft lip and a bladder weekness?

Blog Entries

Edit - I'll moderate my own comments down this. Very poor taste.
    Last edited by Andy Lockwood; 10-09-2006 at 02:40 PM.

Blog Entries

We all started somewhere though. Putting the subject matter firmly to one side, there is a lot for you to learn, but as long as you're willing to learn you'll improve!

9. Default

We might want to be carefull guys. The next thing you know he'll be bringing a gun to school and shooting kids.
    Opps, maybe I should have spelled it 'now' instead of 'know' so he will understand it. Reference:
    ....because critisim is good. and we already new that we should have used our tripod....
    Last edited by Evereddie; 10-09-2006 at 01:33 PM.

I never even made it though the whole thing. Bad taste.!! bad quilty! not really worth much of a comment. Enough said!!!
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast