Thread: When I open an avi file(or anime fansubs) it plays the audio but not the video.

Default When I open an avi file(or anime fansubs) it plays the audio but not the video.

I have searched 20 pages of the forums and have tried every single solution. Vegas still gives me a black screen. I seriously need help. :(

Blog Entries

Maybe it would help us to help you if you let us know what hasnt worked, that will avoid unhelpfull repetition. Also include as much detail as possible about waht type of files have failed to open , and any that may have opened.

Blog Entries

I pressume that these are compressed mpeg4 video files. Follow step 10 of the FAQ: http://www.videoforums.co.uk/reviews/faq

I have the K-lite full codec pack installed on my computer. I tried converting my file to wmv and tried to import to vegas for eiditng but nno luck. My video plays only for a short while before it becomes pitch black again. All my files for editing are in avi format. None of them are successful. I have also followed step 10 of the video editing guide.But I end up getting this error while trying to convert. "Cannot start video compression : The source image format is not acceptable(error code -2) I am at my wits end..

Blog Entries

Using the K-lite package can often make such problems worse.

You are getting the error "image format not acceptable" as you haven't changed the resolution of the image. This need to be resized to either 720 x 576 or 720 x 480. This is covered in the FAQ:

If you get an error when trying to convert, simply select Video > Filters, then click Add and select resize from the list. Click OK. In the next dialogue box, set the New Width as 720 and the New Height as 576 (or 480 for those of you from North America and Japan). Set the filter mode to bicubic and click OK. This should prevent any errors.

Finally solved. Thanks .

I had the same problem with some divx files. Try useing virtualdub and render to avi then open in vegas it worked for me.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction