Thread: need a tri-pod

Default need a tri-pod

Cameras:

Sony PD 150p
    Sony HD I? (the first small HD one)

Hi,

I need a tri-pod and not a cheap one from Dixons or one that costs a fortune. How much should I expect to pay for a decent one that offers good panning and tilting, and where in the UK do you recommend I purchase one - online store or Totenham Court Road?

Thanking you.

Blog Entries

People have different preferences and expiriences, I have one of these and I think it works fine.

http://www.creativevideo.co.uk/publi...er=vinten_pro5

I have a vanguard Trekker 3, Lovely fluid head, I got it in a local shop for around 130, I use it for photography but its got everything that you need for good video, Its based on the manfrotto design its not to heavey, but the only issue you may find is the length of the stocks, there only around 7 inches.
    Need Pro Computer advice?

Blog Entries

I would suggest the new 501 HDV head from Manfrotto. I saw it at Photokina and it is a lovely smooth head, just right for camcorders around the size of the PD150. It will take larger camcorders too. It'll retail at around the 130 mark, and you'll have to add on a set of legs but it really is a nice bit of kit and worth the money.

edit: PS I don't work for Manfrotto!
    Last edited by Rembrandt Rob; 10-07-2006 at 09:49 AM.

So I am about to go for the Vinten Pro5...anyone else able to recommend this one?

After spending a few hours comparing different models online. I settled with Manfrotto 503 - which they say is Vinten pro6 rebadged but 100 pounds cheaper. I unpacked it today and I am happy with it.