Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Random hand live

1. Default Random hand live

here is our latest video uploaded to t'internet.

http://www.komatoastproductions.co.u...12K_Stream.wmv

we only had 2 cameras here and the shots are sometimes quite similar but over all i think its a nice vid

enjoy

thrash metal meets ska.

Just what I needed after a stressful day. lol

not bad at all the style seemed to fit the music, did you get the audio from the sound desk or camera as it wasn't so clear (could be the compression or the whole point and I'm showing my age)
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

3. Default

the sound we direct from the camera as we couldn't get a line from the desk.

Blog Entries

Yea, great vid, liked it! These young bands are fantastic aren't they? T'rriffic. The hand-held guy at the front did well too. Tough job not to get shoved about and his shots looked good and steady.

5. Default

thank you i am glad you like it.
    yeah chris on the roaming cam does very well to keep a steady-ish hand while in a crowed of sweaty skacore fans.
    this vid was made just for online use and i think it works quite well, i am vey pleased with the result - and so were the band

Blog Entries

Yes, looked good, captured the atmosphere for sure. If you can, and here it looked a bit squashed to do this, dont be afraid to get on the stage for some really close shots ,and suggest to the band that if poss you have a small 'safe zone' at the front where the the hand held camera can film out of the crowd.

The lighting looked awful for filming, there is a conflict between what the lighting guy may think is good for the band and what is good for the camera - maybe see if a compromise can be reached, perhaps a bit more ambient light for the track that you are filming.

I would have put in some shots from behind the band of the crowd too - but all my advice is not based on much expiriece, I have only done bands a few times and tend not to do them cos I get a headache and dont like crowds...

7. Default

yeah mark thats pretty much spot on...

usually we do film on stage but the stage at 1in12 is tiny and the band like to have a little space to move, especially with robin playing a trombone :S (not in this song, others)

the lighting guy was a 1th class tit... we set the lighting up and was the best we could get it and told him not to touch anything on pain of death... but he went and touched half way through the set - not best pleased!

a safe zone is a really nice idea but an audience full of young anarchist skacore fans would never stand for that and the venue is tiny, holds about 70 people max! and there were lots there.

we now have 3 cameras, we had a gig last fri and we stuck one in the back with a semi-fisheye and we have some very nice shots from that cam - i will post a vid from this gig shortly

Hi

I am new to video but I do love live music.

Its more about energy than perfection and I think that's what you captured so well.

The sound comes across very natural as does the lighting and even the cameraman being jostled by the crowd all adds to the atmosphere of a live gig.

Bet the band loved it

indiandy

I just looked at Tomfoolary clips, those boys are nuts
    Last edited by indiandy; 10-09-2006 at 11:07 PM. Reason: POOR SPELLING
    Bi-Polar Films "R" me...

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by indiandy View Post
    Hi

I am new to video but I do love live music.

Its more about energy than perfection and I think that's what you captured so well.

The sound comes across very natural as does the lighting and even the cameraman being jostled by the crowd all adds to the atmosphere of a live gig.

Bet the band loved it

indiandy

I just looked at Tomfoolary clips, those boys are nuts
    thanks.. the band loved it, this video and maybe a few other live vids will be on there new EP out pretty soon..... now i need to learn about putting music which will play in a cd player with an enhanced section for a pc :S

ohh and nice to meet you as you are new... it nice to see you are getting involved - most people come here, advertise some crappy site and leave. i hope you stick about

Hi

Thanks for your reply, this seems to be a good site and I have so many thing to learn I'm sure I will stick around.
    I had to try the elastic band thing and that really hurts, you do it once then never again, so I have learnt something already

indiandy
    Bi-Polar Films "R" me...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast