Thread: Pinnacle Studio 9

Default Pinnacle Studio 9

I have pinnacle studio 9 and have made 2/3 smooth and successful dvd's. The past few movies i have created have played back perfectly during the editing process but but when i burn them to dvd and play them back through the dvd recorder/tele, anything over 20mins starts to jump or freeze for a second or two, this repeats more and more towards the end of the movie. I have a 6 month old machine with 3.0Ghz processor and 1064Mb RAM. Does anybody know of a solution??

Unhappy

Iíd say forget Studio and use another NLE. Some might shoot me down for this, but it really isnít worth your time & effort trying to fathom this programís foibles.

Studio has a trail of broken lives behind it. Dunno if Pinnacle still have their own user forums, but Studioís history is well documented. When it works, itís fine, but if you hit problems it can destroy you. Version 9 is supposed to be the stable one.

Download the trial versions of Premiere or Sony Vegas Ė theyíre more professional, have better effects, and are of proven stability.

I would try burning at a slower speed if you have not already.

4x or less.

LokiZ

Thanks for the postings

I have now managed to resolve my problems and if it may help anyone out in the future, here is what i did:

Firstly i updated my Studio 9.0.0 to 9.3.5 (9.4.3 is also available now but i believe people have experienced a few problems with it). Secondly, i downloaded firmware updates for my burner. Then finally, and as you advised LokiZ i chose the lowest burning speed instead of leaving it on auto. I'm not too sure as to which one of these resolved my problems or whether it was a combination of 2/3. Anyhow, i am getting perfect burns each time now.

Many thanks

Paul

I use Pinnacle Plus 9.4.3. It has not done me wrong so far...

I use a dell dimension 8400 - Pentium4 - 3.40Ghz box with - 2 gig of ram - and a 250 gig hard drive.

Glad your system is doing you justice with what tou tried... happy editing.

Pinnacle can be alot of fun...

I am now playing with alphachanneled title stills and mixing them with transitions to get quite a number of new effects for both videos and DVD menus.

The latest was a wedding menu that played a seperate looped video in the background in the shape of a heart with faded edges with the addtional scene buttons along the side of the heart. Turned out pretty nice.

Again have fun! It's a fun package.

My advice is to use Pinnacle fot the editing, render to HDD and then use Nero (or similar) for the burn.

I would only use studio for short movies

deeseejay is right too. Authoring to disk, then burning with a separate applications, saves you from lots of risks.

As for stability, I use 9.4.3 too. It's the last incarnation of Studio 9 and IMO includes pretty much the best of this software (before Avid took over and deliberately screwed it).

Quote Originally Posted by LokiZ View Post
    The latest was a wedding menu that played a seperate looped video in the background in the shape of a heart with faded edges with the addtional scene buttons along the side of the heart. Turned out pretty nice.
    Nice! Can you show us a sample, maybe just a couple of seconds?