Thread: "The Lost Files"

Default "The Lost Files"

i recently purchased a capture card and was able to transfer some older vid into Vegas. please watch and let me know how it turned out. i was very pleased with this vid...

i make vids of my daughter since my wife's family all lives about 500 miles away and i like to keep them up to date with my daughter.

comment(s)

(if anyone know as great video hosting site other than youtube, please share)
    Last edited by Subnoise; 10-02-2006 at 07:12 PM.

Wow! That turned out really nice! I have so many home movie video tapes that I would love to put on my hardrive but the quality just doesnt look very good. That looked great, the resolution was very good.

I know of one other site for streaming:

http://www.zshare.net

Very nice, I like the documentary feel to it. But I was expecting a bit more, as if something was about to happen.

Blog Entries

In the next episode it turns out the baby is an alien and has zombified the hairy geezer and marked him as a mutant by making the spiral marks on his back.

Nive little retsrospective for family members and alien baby fans.

Not sure we can judge the quality of the capture from a you tube stream.

thanks for all the comments! the curly-haired geezer is me, and i am only 26 .

i would really like to find a streaming site that doesnt degrade the quality of video.

i dont have a nice cam at all, it is just a hi-8 and i have a capture card to input vid into my pc using pinnacle studio 10 and vegas 6. the vids of my daughter are just for fun, to show family members living 500 miles away, and it is really nice to go back and look at the progress she has made over the past 20 months. i have about 12 vids i have made of my daughter. i will try and post another one later on.

i am glad that i stumbled across the forum. i know a bit of editing, but i lack in the hardware knowledge and i look forward to learning much from all of you professionals.

again, thanks for all the comments!

zshare does not degrade the quality of the vid like YouTube. I gave ya the link above. I've tried Putfile and they are just as bad as YouTube, but on zshare it's looks pretty damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by Fan4Lost View Post
    zshare does not degrade the quality of the vid like YouTube. I gave ya the link above. I've tried Putfile and they are just as bad as YouTube, but on zshare it's looks pretty damn good.

i have used putfile but they are just like a youtube. i will try Zshare. thanks for the link!

Hi

I have just started to resurrect some of my old Hi8 videos but found the capture card (GrabbeeX+) very poor. The loss of quality from downloading to watching the burned DVD has made me stop and re think.
    I am hoping to try a Mini DV with a through pass to covert the video. I understand that this is a better approach.

You footage looks good but I wondered if you noticed any quality drop off when compared to playing your camcorder straight through the TV?

I asked about free hosting on Yahoo answers once and this site was recommended but I have not tried it.

http://www.savefile.com/

Watching your movie with that background made me feel a bit uneasy, I had a flash back to the Omen. for some reason.

indiandy
    Bi-Polar Films "R" me...