Thread: Dont be harsh, its my first time

Default Dont be harsh, its my first time

I knew the title would get attention.. Yeah I am a Video virgin.

I made this as I was photographing a wedding, I would really like to get into some of the videography for weddings so its my first try using WMM.

Not to bad, some shaky cam, but thats because Im carrying 5Kg of camera kit LOL..

http://www.grafixphoto.co.uk/clkvideo.wmv
    Need Pro Computer advice?

I was all set to rip in to ya...lol But it was actualy pretty good. I noticed a bit of lens flare in the begining but other than that nice job.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Blog Entries

I had a quick review this morning.

As a wedding photographer, you'll have an understanding of where to be at what time to get the best shots. However, combining wedding photography and filming as one product delivery is not a one person set up as you've discovered. I would therefore assume that this was done more for a 'feeler' into videographpy rather than as an example of the product you'd offer?

To get the best out of the day, wedding filming is at least a 1 and a half person job (yes, I know, please resist the temptation ofjokes invloving half a person!) You may not need someone else there all the time, but certainly there are times when you'll need at least two people to get everything covered and just as importantly get the gear moved.

I didn't really pay close attention to the video itself as you said it's your first time. But what I did notice was the lack of interaction with the music. Although someone much wiser than me once said that you can spot a decent video as one where it's just as good with the sound muted, the music plays an integral part in any video. If the two are mutually exclusive, you could ask why they've been put together.

As you say, there's far too much camera shake which wouldn't cut the mustard in a presenation to a client. Shoulder mounts, tripods or stabilisers are the way forward!

Blog Entries

Pretty good except.... yep, it's the camera shake that lets it down I'm afraid. You'll have to invest in a steadicam or something similar and a good fluid head tripod to eliminate it in future productions. Keep at it though, it's not without it's merits.

Part of the video come from a Fuji 9500 camera which has video funtion, I have most of the kit i need apart from the Video camera and sound equipment as there isnt much difference between the rest of kit, lighting and tripod.

The main reason I got a video camera is that some pleace dont allow photography but do allow video. So for clients who dont order a videographer, and really want something from the day, then this is a happy medium.

Im used to heavey duty kit in my hands and my mini DV feels like there is nothing in my hand, constantly feeling like its going to drop. so keeps clasping at the camera causing the shake.

I am currently playing with premier pro, and trying to edit up all the footage to make something alittle longer. I have just discovered how bad I am at video editing LOL

I wish I had a chance at viewing a pro in action at a wedding so I can actually see how things are going. But then alot of the work is in the post processing so Thats were I need to be.

I think that I should crash the hitched website to see if I can get someone's wedding to cover as a Non pro then edit the footage and see what happens.
    Need Pro Computer advice?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GTWCMT View Post
    I think that I should crash the hitched website to see if I can get someone's wedding to cover as a Non pro then edit the footage and see what happens.
    It's a brave man that posts on Hitched