Thread: AE7 Keyframing

Unhappy AE7 Keyframing

Hi,

Key framing in After Effects!

I'm just wondering how when key framing in AE7, do I get the key frames to go from one certain speed to another but with a gradual slowdown, or of course vise-versa, gradual speed up?

I know how to use easy easy, easy out & easy in, but that's not what I mean with slowing down, I more mean to slowly slow the key framing down or up from a particular point.

Also Roving key frames do not help in this situation either!

Does any one know how to do this?

(I seen a tutorial on this a while ago but can't seem to remember where it was or what site it was in)

Any help is appreciated,

Cheers

2. Default

if you add your two keyframes then make the movement or transition.... then you can make the key frames 'ease in/out' or 'easy ease' this with make the movement wetween each keyframe either start slow, end slow or slow start peak in the middle and slow finish.

i dont have AE7 in front of me but if you check out the help files they should errrmmm help. or have a look at www.videocopilot.com - this guy knows his shit! the tutorials on there are really heplfull.

thanks Komatoast, I actually use easy easy and the others but i meant not for an ease to slow but more over a larger time, like if something is zooming up to the screen and starts to slow as it get's closer, slower, slower, slower until it hits the screen really slow.
    it has to look as if it had it's brakes applied to a nice slow steady pass instead of jerky movements.

I tell you one thing, it's hard to explain through text, without the use of hand actions!

Use time remapping. There was a tutorial on www.xtreme-is-back.com
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

i dont have AE7 in front of me but if you check out the help files they should errrmmm help. or have a look at www.videocopilot.com - this guy knows his shit! the tutorials on there are really heplfull.[/quote]

correct link

www.videocopilot.net

What you need to know is that all easy-ease in and out do is to apply a beziere curve to the keyframes you have defined.

So to change the rate or ramp of speed just change the display to graph mode to see the line and adjust the line to any gradient (acceleration) you want. You might nee to add new keyframes to get what you want but this is all you need to do. Or just apply your own beziere curve between your own keyframes if you like.