Thread: Vegas 7

Default Vegas 7

Grazie, I'd be very interested to know how you're getting on with 7. I'm almost ready to jump but, rather like my reluctance to purchase a new model of vehicle, 'till the teething problems are ironed out. I'm still not sure. Convince me!.

Get it!

Seriously? Well I keep 5 and 6 going - I even have 4 too!

Just this minute finished a 1:34 minute thing for a client. It involved much pushing and shoving about. The NEW vertical Snap Colour bars allowed me to dig out even more syncopation of visuals; experiment with timings; mesh disparate ideas together all to the chimes of Big Ben. I really don;t think I would have done it without these simple new devices. It might not seem much, but it really does ADD to the arsenal of "working" tools.

It does appear slicker in its handling of streams. I like the DUAL internal Preview working with the External monitor - sometimes even having monitors close, that internal Preview is a good guide.

I use Media Manager heaps. I think they have done some tweaking to its efficiency. I would STILL like MM to be able to open Clips from a right click: "Open in Trimmer" option - instead of needing to drag the media into trim.

Workspace Settings are now on a Drop Down Menu - this means you don;t have to reach for the K/B! Yeah, lazy bugger here! -

eh.. what else? . . Timeline at Bottom of screen is cute for some of my workings/workflows.

I don't do HD. But it would appear our HD colleagues are very pleased with it so far. What's more it is obvious SONY is very serious about making sure that the stuff under the bonnet work very well for HD.

So, up to you!

G

Cool

I think I might get it... I just ordered Vegas 6 from B&H Photo for $99. Upgrade to Vegas 7 is free Or I can upgrade to the full version of Vegas 7+DVD for $149. Cool.

I only have 5 right now, so how much better is 6 than 5 or 7 than 6 or 7 than 5?

Actullay you can get Vegas7+dvd and cinescore with the first 2 theme packs for $150 at the vegas site (cisnescore is $200 and the theme packs are $100 each reg. price)
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Hey DHBiker!.99Dollars and free upgrade to 7 Huh?. Have you actually done it yet?.Thats cheaper than the upgrade. I had a look on BH photos website. 99 Dollars is an amazing price. Where did you find out about free upgrade to v7?

Quote Originally Posted by vegasarian View Post
    Hey DHBiker!.99Dollars and free upgrade to 7 Huh?. Have you actually done it yet?.Thats cheaper than the upgrade. I had a look on BH photos website. 99 Dollars is an amazing price. Where did you find out about free upgrade to v7?
    Please note it is only free if you go from Vegas 6 Stand alone version to Vegas 7 stand alone version. The upgrade for an additional $150 is Vegas 7+DVD and a few extras. But if you buy Vegas 6+DVD then you can upgrade to Vegas 7+DVD for free.

See quote below direct from Sony Site...

Qualifications for Free Upgrades

Question
    I just purchased a Sony Media Software program and saw that a new version was just released. Do I qualify for a free upgrade?

Answer
    If you purchase a Sony Media Software application 30 days before or 30 days after our direct launch of a new version of that program from one of our licensed resellers, you are eligible for a free upgrade to that current newer version of the software.

One exception being that if you purchased the Vegas 6.0 stand alone software (not Vegas 6.0+DVD), you are eligible for a free upgrade to the Vegas 7.0 stand alone download not Vegas 7.0 that includes DVD Architect 4.0, as long as you purchased Vegas 6.0 stand alone software 30 days before or 30 days after our direct launch of Vegas 7.0 and purchased that direct from Sony Media Software or from one of our licensed resellers. Just contact Sony Media Software directly regarding this via phone at 1-800-577-6642 between 9am and 5pm Central Time, Monday - Friday, or by email here.

In order to qualify for a free upgrade, proof of purchase needs to be mailed or faxed to the Customer Service department for processing.

Include the following items on the fax or letter:

A copy of your proof of purchase (sales receipt, invoice, or email confirmation).

Your full name, shipping address, email address, telephone number and the serial number of the software that you purchased.

State whether you want the upgrade delivered as a download or if you want a packaged delivery. If you choose a download, the download instructions will be sent to the email address provided on the fax or letter.
    Our fax number is: 608.250.1745

Our mailing address is: Sony Media Software, Attn: Free Upgrade, 1617 Sherman Ave., Madison, WI, 53704.

Free upgrade requests will be processed in the order they are received. Expect 4 to 6 weeks for delivery.

International customers - contact the store where you purchased the software to receive your free upgrade (conditions as described above apply). If you purchased directly from Sony Media Software within 30 days before or 30 days after our direct launch of the software, you are entitled to a free upgrade and should contact Sony Media Software directly, but will need to pay any shipping, handling and import fees where applicable.

If you have any questions, please contact our Customer Service department by phone between 9am and 5pm Central Time, Monday - Friday, at 1-800-577-6642, or by email here.

Link
    http://www.custcenter.com/cgi-bin/so...i=&p_topview=1

And...

http://www.custcenter.com/cgi-bin/so...i=&p_topview=1

I will most likely get Vegas 7+DVD for $150 once I get Vegas 6. I ordered it last night.

Hope this helps.

I can't find a place to buy Vegas 6.0+DVD. I think I am going to go the same route and purchase the Vegas 6.0 and upgrade to the 7+DVD. Thanks for the links

I'm not sure you can do that from what I read in DH's post.......
    One exception being that if you purchased the Vegas 6.0 stand alone software (not Vegas 6.0+DVD), you are eligible for a free upgrade to the Vegas 7.0 stand alone download not Vegas 7.0 that includes DVD Architect 4.0,

But if you buy 6 stand alone it will cost you $150 for the upgrade to 7 + DVD Architect 4.0 or $134 for the download of 7 + DVD Architect 4.0.