Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Streaming video service (Commercial)

Lightbulb Streaming video service (Commercial)

This is a paid service that is absolutely brilliant for anyone wanting to share their video on the net in a format that anyone can see, regardless of what kind if computer they are using or internet connection speed - it's called Helloworld
    The picture quality is the best I have seen, and you don't need to scour the internet and download a player in order to see it since it encodes your video in multiple formats so it is viewable on any device - Windows, Mac, Ipod, PDA, mobile phone etc.
    You can also use it as an email service and reply to any text email with video.
    I have posted some articles about it here on my blog for musicians
    I am personally using the service on my own site and also earn a part-time income from it as an affiliate.
    This has also given me a lot of great business ideas (since I can run my own virtual TV station with pay per view and post footage on my website or blog).
    Well worth having a look at.
    Last edited by mymusic1234; 11-26-2006 at 06:09 AM. Reason: change of urls
    Mark Spivey is a professional musician/sound engineer with experience in the film industry and online media.

Blog Entries

It looks rubbish. Another spam ridden advertorial do nothing site devoted to recruiting spammers to spam decent upstanding forums like this.

Three posts three spams Mr Spivey....?

Well I suppose it is in pimp the link innit, but I do wish people would be more honest.

Thumbs up Reply from Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    It looks rubbish. Another spam ridden advertorial do nothing site devoted to recruiting spammers to spam decent upstanding forums like this.

Three posts three spams Mr Spivey....?

Well I suppose it is in pimp the link innit, but I do wish people would be more honest.
    I guess you can't please everyone.
    Firstly.
    My guess is this reader really didn't have a look at what this product did - (It's the world's first video transcoder which makes our video viewable on any platform).
    As for relevence?
    Secondly It's for video, I use it to post video, transcode video, podcast video, email video, webcast video- what's the point of doing nice film pieces and such if they aren't broadcast in some way?- this is a low cost effective way to put what we have created online and use our video for something constructive rather than let it gather dust.
    (I've met so many creative people who produce excellent material but it never gets seen - shouldn't we share our art with the world - and get paid too?).
    My encouragement to people is to think outside the box - the music and film industry can benefit greatly from new technology if we know how to apply it.
    There are lots of different ways to make a living with our giftings if we dare to think and experiment.
    (I did this with my music so now I'm progressing to video to combine the two media forms).

Thirdly I was honest (I said commercial site at the top of the post AND said I was an affiliate - I thought I was doing the right thing- and now I'm blasted for it).

Fourthly go read my other post about HyperEngine AV (free video editing software) before you stick a label on me.

Fifthly we are allowed one commercial post aren't we?
    Any questions please feel free to drop me a line.
    (Ps if you need advice with the audio side of things drop me a line).
    Mark Spivey is a professional musician/sound engineer with experience in the film industry and online media.

Blog Entries

Mark, this affiliate link has been posted before in a similar fashion. Personally I don't like these kinds of 'adverts'. Indeed they frequently 'sell' a product that's inferior to free software. Additionally, you have to put this in the context of the environment in which it's posted: everyone posts here for free, donating their time to help others. Someone also has to pay the bills, so that somone is therefore subsidising such adverts.

Blog Entries

Anyone with any savvy wouldnt use a site like that for posting something they had worked hard on. It devalues your efforts. The site has nothing to do with helping anyone out does it.

You have promoted it as an affiliate who will earn money from it..... er, hardly supports your contention that you are doing us all a favour does it?

Perhaps, if you can offer us all some assistance some time I might be more sanguine, you claim to be a pro so why not give up some of your time and wisdom to help others along instead of just spamming ?

Ha, me grumpy? Surely not.....

Well at least it was in the pimp the link section and as you say you do admit it's self promotional secondhand spam of the most fashionable kind...

It really is all the rage at the moment darrrllllllllling you know.... great video hosting sites with unique services... cripes and it can earn you money.... oh golly I must resign from work, thisll earn me loads.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mymusic1234 View Post
    ...My encouragement to people is to think outside the box - the music and film industry can benefit greatly from new technology if we know how to apply it......
    Sorry to be a party-pooper, but I see no 'new technology' here... and if the quality of the video message on your own site is an example, I also see no difference from YouTube or a plethora of other, similar sites.

"Think outside the box" is such a middle management phrase to use too. In my experience, people who do think radically avoid terms like that like Steve Irwin should have avoided Rays.

Not a site I'll bother visiting again.

Blog Entries

Don't treat us like idiots "mymusic".

Within a very short period of time you came into a forum and plugged a number of crappy products and are surprised that we didn't jump up and down with childish glee.

If you had "pimped your link" and left it at that, no-one would have minded.

Also, if you'd looked at a few previous posts before posting, you'll have seen that we've had a fair few video-hosting offers before, and they've all "ended up with an austin"

(a new term term which is apparently doing the rounds and means to be stung or put down after intentionally provoking an arguement)

One post and plug = acceptable

Half a dozen = taking the Fosters.

Please don't take it personally, but we would appreciate a bit of consideration too.

Default Apology

Sorry Guys,
    It was never my intention to stir up an ant's nest of trouble.
    I did not for one minute imply that anyone here is an idiot and I am sure that there are many here that produce broadcast quality material.
    I personally have, and will continue to add some helpful posts to anyone requiring help with audio which is my profession (there is only one post that is here that plugs a particular product and I will keep it that way).
    Please accept my apologies.

Don't worry to much about Mark . . we're all pretty quick learners here, and we can soon work out who is doing what . . . !
    I try to make someone happy every day - but it may not be your turn today . . .

Thanks Chris,
    I feel better already...
    Hey there are some great foums here.
    You should see me buzzing around the audio section a fair bit.
    Cheers.
    Mark.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast