Thread: Another Biking Video... opinions and suggestions wanted!

Default Another Biking Video... opinions and suggestions wanted!

New Video Link... no more password or anything needed. Please watch it.

http://www.idrivethetrain.com/assets...y_when_wet.wmv

Right Click and Save Target as Please!

Anyway:

"Slippery When Wet!" An Attitash Downhill Biking Movie

Mad Dog Moments 2004-2006

Comments and Suggestions wanted and appreciated...

Thanks for watching.

I liked it, the music went well and it was cut nicely. I would have the soundtrack end with the video though. Other than that nice job.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Thanks. Anyone else?

Blog Entries

Interestingly (or perhaps not), I wasn't too sure of the choice of music. Problem is, this can really be down to personal preference, and at least it made me concentrate on the video rather than thinking, "wow, what's that song!".

Anyway, I would like to have seen a lot more variation in shots. There appeared to be far too many tracking shots, which after a while become predictable. There was, for example, an interesting static shot from behind a tree that was exactly the type of shot you should be opening with. They really do give a sense of speed. If you watch the rally coverage on TV, you'll see they mix up the static and moving shots to good effect. The moving shots when somethings about to or has happened, the static shots to give a wow factor.

I would also have liked to have seen more close ups and far more angles. Using the zoom is a great way of making people thing you almost go killed by a bike when in fact you were a LONG way away! Why not climb up a tree or at least raise the cam above your head? Get down on your knees or place the cam on the floor. Have some 'dutch' angles where the camera is tilted, or move the camera so it peers up and over a bush / tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    Interestingly (or perhaps not), I wasn't too sure of the choice of music. Problem is, this can really be down to personal preference, and at least it made me concentrate on the video rather than thinking, "wow, what's that song!".

Anyway, I would like to have seen a lot more variation in shots. There appeared to be far too many tracking shots, which after a while become predictable. There was, for example, an interesting static shot from behind a tree that was exactly the type of shot you should be opening with. They really do give a sense of speed. If you watch the rally coverage on TV, you'll see they mix up the static and moving shots to good effect. The moving shots when somethings about to or has happened, the static shots to give a wow factor.

I would also have liked to have seen more close ups and far more angles. Using the zoom is a great way of making people thing you almost go killed by a bike when in fact you were a LONG way away! Why not climb up a tree or at least raise the cam above your head? Get down on your knees or place the cam on the floor. Have some 'dutch' angles where the camera is tilted, or move the camera so it peers up and over a bush / tree.
    I will definitely keep the camera angles idea in mind next time I go filming as well as the whole static vs tracking shots idea. And like you said, music is really all about person prefrance; if you have it one way 1/2 the people like it, the other half hate it, and vice versa.

I will most likely be making another movie within another month so I'll be sure to keep your suggestions in mind. Thanks!