Thread: Simulate fish-eye lens with software?

Default Simulate fish-eye lens with software?

I googled and searched this forum, but I couldn't find anything that will render your footage as if it was shot using a fish-eye lens. I tried looking for a plugin for VirtualDub, because that's where I capture my original footage with. Does anybody know of a way to simulate this?

Bournemouth, UK

It is possible to make a wide kind of effect using spherize or bulge in after effects.
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

3. Default

the bulge will give a kind of fisheye effect but cannot match to the real thing as a fisheye lens enables you to see more - super wide angle. if you have a small dv cam you can get a snap on semi fisheye for about 20 from jessops, i have one and its ace - just wish they were as cheap for my xm1! :(

Thanks for the info. I realise you'll lose a lot of quality if you wanna take a standard-lens recording and using sperhize/bulge to simulate a fish-eye lens... but it's better than nothing!

I guess I should be looking for that snap-on lens, sounds cheap and if it does the trick, I'm a happy man!