Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Titles

Default Titles

I want to make a great title entrance and credits, but am unsure of a good way to do this in vegas and have a great look.. I don't know if I should just render my movie and use Windows Movie Maker to do the credits and Titles.. Please help..

Blog Entries

What are you after? Vegas doent really give you a very easy way to do complicated text effects but there is a scroller if you want that effect.

The scroller and / or insert text tool can be combined with effects and other video to produce some more than adequate titles.

What is it you want to do?

Things like text that rolls or tumbles the individual letters would be rather cumbersome in Vegas, but with the pan/crop tool and track motion, you can achieve some interesting effects, like the spinning, zooming titles sometimes seen in movies and even rocking text if you want to try to make viewers seasick. Heh Heh Of course I would never do that. But I do know a guy who has.
    If freedom means anything at all, it is the liberty to tell others what they don't want to hear.

Check out the demo for bluff titler. It easy to use and the results are pretty good. As far as vegas goes check out the vasst website Also look at http://editor.whatsnewsfamily.com/20...edit-roll.html
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Speaking of titles (text) in Vegas ... isn't there some way to lay down a background color underneath text, without having the new text background covering over the entire screen? I feel there's a way but I have yet to find it.

What I want is a background color underneath the lower third of the screen, so the text is uncluttered against the moving video. Dang if I can figure it out, though ..
    Last edited by GT6; 09-21-2006 at 08:25 PM.

Blog Entries

Text on the top track.

Next track down, insert solid colour, then move to desired position using track motion (one of the icons just right of the track name).

Default mystified

I am mystified by this. All the crappy programs like window's moviemaker and videostudio have great titlers with all kinds of effects. How could vegas not have a good titler module.

I guess I could render and then go to videostudio and add the title but then I would get loss of quality by rendering twice... and what a pain!!

Blog Entries

Tut - Vegas is a professional video editor, and as such is full of powerfull tools that a skilled editor can use to create marvels.

It is you who lacks the skills to exploit its power i suggest. As not what your app can do for you but learn what you can do with your app.....

Modules are for mooks - not Editors....

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    Tut - Vegas is a professional video editor, and as such is full of powerfull tools that a skilled editor can use to create marvels.

It is you who lacks the skills to exploit its power i suggest. As not what your app can do for you but learn what you can do with your app.....

Modules are for mooks - not Editors....
    wow. that was rude and arrogant...not in the least helpful. I am using vegas movie studio 9 which is not a professional editor first of all.

second, I can certainly make test and do ceative things with it...but godprograms often have creative "macros" available that take advantage of paid experts to make.

I guess you don't use any of the povided professional transitions. I guess you do your own homemade creative transitions to replicate those wipes and fades and 3d things.

give me a break. Keep your nasty comments (including the comment about dumb question) to yourself. I guess theyll let anyone moderate on this board....

Blog Entries

God what a twat.....

Why did you buy software that didnt do what you want is the obvious riposte.

Caveat Emptor innit - go look at bluff titler and think yourself lucky i didnt reflexively ban you for a week for pissing me off - me and the other mods spend hours on this board helping people out and dont expect lip from mooks.
    ( see the simlie this time ? )

Bet you think i am really arrogent now....lol.
    Last edited by Mark W; 09-25-2008 at 07:26 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast