Thread: exporting problems with adobe premier 6.0

Default exporting problems with adobe premier 6.0

i have been trying (and failing) to export my timeline from adobe premier 6.0 back onto my dv camcorder. basically i connect the dv cam via a firewire, load up premier, load the project timeline, select expor to tape (with device control) and then record. the camera starts recording but nothing happens (except the computer monitor goes blank and premier stalls). no doubt there is a simple solution to this problem but i can't find it. do i need to render the timeline first? i've got a compaq laptop, athlon 2500+, 256mb ram, 40 gigs (recently defrag'ed) but no action. advice?

Help? Anyone? I've installed the update from the Adobe website (v6.01) but still can't export.

The screen goes black and nothing happens!

Default Try this.

Leave it for about 15 sec if you still get nothing leave it for about 1 min if you get nothing after that ??. But check you cam has dv input dv output.

If you haven't already, check the settings on the camcorder. I know on my Canon ZR45, the AV/DV in needs to be turned on via the menu.

Just in case it's a basic problem.... Instead of using "Export to tape" just set up your time line to start where you want, switch your camera to VCR mode, (you'd be surprised how many people try to use the camera mode) and press the VCR record button, and then click on your editor's play button.

If that's all to basic for you I appologise!