Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purely Gadgets

Default Purely Gadgets

Has anybody ever bought from purely gadgets?

I am thinking of spending a considerable sum, but think maybe the price quoted maybe too cheap so could be problems.

Good service, bad service, slow delivery, whatever please let me know.

Cheers.
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

Default Purely awful!

They lie about stock, they lie about delivery times and they are extremely difficult to get hold of (by phone AND by email)
    They can be rude if you actually manage to speak to someone and they mess you about if you question their system (they took well over a month to refund me while ignoring several emails)
    By far the WORST company that I have ever dealt with

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Aldridge View Post
    They lie about stock, they lie about delivery times and they are extremely difficult to get hold of (by phone AND by email)
    They can be rude if you actually manage to speak to someone and they mess you about if you question their system (they took well over a month to refund me while ignoring several emails)
    By far the WORST company that I have ever dealt with

They must be bad. I notice this is your first post. For you to register here to say that then they must have really rubbed you up the wrong way!

BTW, welcome Paul!

Thanks for the welcome ..
    Yes you're right .. They REALLY annoyed me.
    The worst thing is that there are a LOT of good reviews on Bizrate, Pricerunner etc for them. It really makes me wonder whether P.G themselves are entering reviews to counteract some of the honest ones. They don't bother to communicate with you unless you ask to cancel an order because they lied about having it in stock. Then they miraculously find one and tell you that it's "on it's way" to make you accept it. I cancelled 24 hours BEFORE they sent the order and the other people I bought from STILL beat their delivery.
    Basically they suck!!

Cheers

thanks for the warning, but I had spent the money already, fortunately everything went smoothly.
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mills View Post
    They must be bad. I notice this is your first post. For you to register here to say that then they must have really rubbed you up the wrong way!

BTW, welcome Paul!
    I have also registered in order to add my bit about this firm. I bought a camera from them 6 months ago and as it was faulty i sent it back in April. Since then I have tried in vain to get it back or indeed even to get them to tell me what has happened to it, but just get stonewalled with automated answers, each with a new "case number" but no camera! ( it's nowmid November - 5 months)
    DON'T TOUCH THEM!. I only wish I'd found this forum before I was taken for a mug by them.

Quote Originally Posted by squarepeg View Post
    I have also registered in order to add my bit about this firm. I bought a camera from them 6 months ago and as it was faulty i sent it back in April. Since then I have tried in vain to get it back or indeed even to get them to tell me what has happened to it, but just get stonewalled with automated answers, each with a new "case number" but no camera! ( it's nowmid November - 5 months)
    DON'T TOUCH THEM!. I only wish I'd found this forum before I was taken for a mug by them.
    If you paid by credit-card then perhaps you can threaten them with a charge-back. Companies relying on internet sales cannot afford to have these claims made against them

what is a charge back and could it still be done after 5 months?

Hi Squarepeg, there's a bit about chargebacks here http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...stic-cards.htm and

Chargebacks..... A chargeback can happen at any time, sometimes months after the transaction took place, and for a number of reasons. Sometimes the shopper claims that he never received the goods, or that the goods were defective in some way.

here http://www.online-store.co.uk/worlddirect.html if they are a 'dodgy' online retailer they cannot afford more chargebacks so perhaps threatening one will make them respond to you

Default Purely Gadgets

Purely Gadgets is a company I will never use again. I ordered a Nikon rechargeable battery from them. They sent me a 300+ digital waterproof camera by mistake. I returned it to them immediately by special delivery, enclosing the recepits for the postage. Despite acknowledging they had received the camera, they never even said thank you for saving them 300. Instead they claimed they had never received the receipts and refused to refund the postage. Furthermore when the battery finally arrived, it came with an invoice for four times the original cost they had quoted. Despite copious correspondence, I have got nowhere with them.
    Don't ever use this company

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast