Thread: BT are crazy fools

Blog Entries

Default BT are crazy fools

I posted this review of BTvison, BT's new film download service. I was quite complimentary for me, I think:

http://www.videoforums.co.uk/reviews..._articleid/218

Anyhow, I got a package today from BT which I can only assume should have been the first film I ordered last week. Unfortunately for me it's actually a BT Wireless USB adapter. Clearly they had run out of DVD copies of "the inside man".

Either that or it's a huge coincidence and BT have randomly sent my a wireless USB adapter. I didn't order it, there's no packing slip, no invoice and no return address.

I WANT MY FILM!!! I'll keep you all posted as I know you'll be itching to know more...

Blog Entries

Just fired off this email to BT:

Thank you for the BT Wireless USB Adapter I received yesterday. With no packing slip, invoice or receipt enclosed, I can only assume that I was sent this rather than the film "The Inside Man".

Although the Wireless USB Adapter looks like a fine piece of kit, I can't quite seem to find a place for it to fit in my DVD player.

I could have course be wrong in my assumption that I was sent this by BT, but the evidence does strongly indicate this to be the case. Although credit is due for making it look like it was a random free gift from a kind benifactor.
    I look forward to recieving a chordless telephone in place of the recently ordered Serenity.

One word....EBAY!!!

Blog Entries

And here's the reply

Greetings,Thank you for contacting the BT Vision Download Support Team!Please accept my apologies. We are doing our best to send you The Inside Man as soon as possible. I apologize for any inconvenience this error has caused and appreciate your patience and humor contained within your email. Could you take a moment and describe the USB adapter you received in error? For further assistance please consider a one on one session with a support agent via our Live Chat Support Queue. Live Chat is accessible by clicking on the "Help" button at the top of any page followed by clicking on the "Live Support" link. Our support team is available 4pm to 2am seven days a week.Kind Regards,BT Vision Download SupportNB

Blog Entries

"please consider a one on one session with a support agent via our Live Chat Support Queue"

I would have thought, "Please tell us your 'phone number so that we can contact you and sort this out" would be more appropriate.

"Our support team is available 4pm to 2am " which (coincidentally) is 9am to 5pm in New Delhi.

Blog Entries

Wanting a nice quiet relaxing night in, I decided to download another film from BTvision. Two hours later and the download still hasn't started. Bear in mind I test software as part of my real world job:

Welcom to BT Vision Download Support! An agent will be with you shortly.
    You are currently at position number 1 in the queue. Thank you for waiting!
    You have been connected to Senerita Thomas.
    Senerita Thomas: Hello! Thank you for contacting Live Support. How may I assist you today?
    Marc Peters: When attempting to download the movie "The Break Up", an error appears stating the system failed to complete the download. Other films are downloading ok.
    Senerita Thomas: One moment please.
    Senerita Thomas: We will have to see if it will give us that same problem.
    Marc Peters: Do you have an update on this issue?
    Senerita Thomas: Please give me a second.
    Senerita Thomas: We are still looking into it.
    Senerita Thomas: I apologize for the wait.
    Senerita Thomas: The system has failed to complete the download. Please make sure the PC is connected to the network and retry download. If the problem persists, please see FAQ for more information.
    Marc Peters: I am connected to the network, hence my ability to use this live support service. Additionally other films are downloading ok. Have you attempted to recreate the problem?
    Senerita Thomas: Yes. we will have to escalate this issue.
    Senerita Thomas: Please check out site periodically for any updates.
    Marc Peters: Updates for what?
    Senerita Thomas: For your issue.
    Marc Peters: Are you saying that you have recreated the issue and that there is a problem at your end, and not with my PC?
    Senerita Thomas: I had one our other CSR's run this movie and it clearly states "he system has failed to complete the download. Please make sure the PC is connected to the network and retry download. If the problem persists, please see FAQ for more information."
    Senerita Thomas: So please retry the movie.
    Senerita Thomas: And if it still gives you the same error then please see the FAQ.
    Senerita Thomas: For the error message you receive.
    Marc Peters: I have read the FAQ and I have attempted to re-download the move. I get the same error message which implies that there is an error with the movie on the host servers.
    Senerita Thomas: Please verify the following Internet Explorer (IE) settings:

In the menu area at the top of the Internet Explorer (IE) window, click "Tools"
    In the list that appears, choose "Internet Options"
    In the window that opens, the "General" tab will be the first tab displayed
    Please select the "Security" tab
    In the "Security level for this zone" section, click and raise the slider bar to "High"
    If there is no slider bar present, click "Custom Level"
    A "Security Settings" window will open
    In the "Reset custom settings," select Medium and click "Reset"
    In the Warning window, click "Yes"
    Click "OK" to close the "Security Settings" window
    Click "Default Level" below the slider bar
    Please click "Apply" in the main "Internet Options" window
    This will reset your Security settings to Medium
    Please select the "Privacy" tab
    In the "Settings" section, click and raise the slider bar to "High"
    Click "Default" below the slider bar
    Please click "Apply" in the main "Internet Options" window
    This will reset your Privacy settings to Medium
    Please select the "Connections" tab.
    Click "LAN settings"
    Ensure all boxes are un-checked.
    Click Ok.
    Please select the "General" tab.
    In the central section, labeled "Temporary Internet Files"
    Choose "Delete Cookies"
    Click "OK" in the verification window
    Choose "Delete Files"
    Click the box beside "Delete all offline content" and click "OK"
    Please click "OK" at the bottom of the "Internet Options" window

Please restart Internet Explorer for your changes to take effect.

Marc Peters: Please note that I attempted to dowbload another movie, which was succesful. Given that your colleague was not able to download the movie, are you saying that this fixed the problem on your colleagues machine?
    Senerita Thomas: Yes.
    Senerita Thomas: Thank you for contacting Webcast Live Support. Have a great day!
    Thank you for contacting BT Vision Download Support. Take care!
    Your session has ended. You may now close this window.
    The agent then felt she should close the session. I did all the steps above (didn't make any sense), then when the problem persisted, went back for some more...

Welcom to BT Vision Download Support! An agent will be with you shortly.
    You have been connected to John Xie.
    John Xie: Hello! Thank you for contacting Live Support. How may I assist you today?
    Marc Peters: I have just been talking to an agent, but my session was terminated without the issue being resolved.
    John Xie: ok
    John Xie: go ahead
    Marc Peters: I am unable to download the movie "The Break Up"
    John Xie: I will be happy to assist you but can you please describe the problem that you are having in more detail? If you are receiving any errors, what are they called?
    Marc Peters: Initially I recieved the error: "he system has failed to complete the download. Please make sure the PC is connected to the network and retry download. If the problem persists, please see FAQ for more information.
    Marc Peters: I then deleted all cookies and temporary internet files and restarted the download client. Now when I click on download, the movie does not appear in the download client
    John Xie: go to
    John Xie: my computer
    John Xie: my documents
    John Xie: my videos
    John Xie: is the file there?
    Marc Peters: I have set the download path to a different location
    John Xie: well, check that location
    Marc Peters: no the file is not there
    John Xie: hmm
    John Xie: do you know the name of the file?
    John Xie: maybe you can do a search
    Marc Peters: The download is not being initiated.
    Marc Peters: Please would you try and recreate this issue?
    John Xie: what do you mean recreate?
    Marc Peters: That is to say try and download the movie "The Break Up" to verify whether this is a gloabal problem or isolated to my PC
    John Xie: ok, one moment
    Marc Peters: Have you been able to recreate the issue?
    John Xie: No I haven't
    Marc Peters: You have successfully initiated the download and the movie appears in the download manager with no issues?
    John Xie: no, I cannot do it either, for some reason...
    John Xie: I'm sorry
    Marc Peters: Please would you therefore promote the issue? Your colleague previously said this was resolved and ended the session.
    John Xie: yes
    John Xie: I will
    Marc Peters: Please would ypu advise a timescale?
    Terrible, terrible service.

Blog Entries

I'm a man with too much time on his hands this weekend. Another email sent to BT Vision support:

After two unsuccessful live support sessions (during both of which I had to ask the agent to try and recreate the problem before they admitted there was a problem), I am still unable to download "The Break Up" 24 hours after purchase.
    On further investigation, it would appear that the maximum number of licences has been exceeded - the error Licence Error: AuthError: Max Licences Issued Appears at the bottom left of th browser for a second after clicking on the "Download Now" button.

Please would you advise of a when I will be able to download the film I have paid for?

Blog Entries

Sounds terrible, I think I will stick to trials off the other BT and purchses of dvvds for those I deem worthy.

I love all the talk of promotion and stuff.