Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 50 FPS Video

Default 50 FPS Video

Hy I'm going to create a video with Combustion (an After Effect's similar software) and I'm minding to use 50fps as default composition with upper field first. I also read that PAL needs 25fps to play video without problems so I ask if there will be problems when I will burn my 50fps video on a dvd and play it...

thanks.

only one way to find out...burn your project, or at least some of it, to a DVD-RW give it a try and if it works, great, if not erase the disk and start again...thats what i do. not sure about the 50fps, why do you need to go so high?

50fps let me create fluid transitions and moviments, at 25fpt fast movimenst are jiggle.

On my tv all runs fine... the problem is that the project will be show on others tv and I want to avoid possible problems...

4. Default

I have very serious doubts that this would work. TVs unlike a computer monitor do not flip scan rates at all. Only newer high def ones would and not even sure a DVD player would like this.

5. Default

whats wrong with good ol' 25fps? i think this would be fine and 5fps would just take up more of your harddisk space when creating it

so I'm going to create a standard 25fps movie.

I've 2 questions,

1 - is it possible that fast image moviments in 25fps video are jiggle? if yes what I have to do to make them more fluid?
    2 - can I use the avi file and burn a video dvd and all will be fine on a tv or have I to manipolate the avi file with others software before create a dvd video?

thanks
    Last edited by Shiny; 09-15-2006 at 10:58 AM.

7. Default

Assuming you start with a good solid avi movie, preferably a dv-avi, the jiggies come from the quality and settings of the DVD encoding process. You want to use 2-pass encoding on whatever software you use. This will give the software a chance to 'look' at the video and pretict where to use more 'gop' frame rates to keep the movements smooth. If you use single-pass encoding then for sure you will get breakup in the movement compared too what a 2-pass will show.

Single pass 'can' look quite good if bitrates are high enough but 2-pass can look even better with the same higher bit rate. If you keep the bitrates up around 6mbps and dont try to get more than 60 or 70 minutes it should work out fine.
    What DVD authoring software do yo have?

yes the start movie is a dv-avi so it has all the quality needed. Generaly after created the file I burn my video DVD with toast that convert the video automatically, anyway if you tell me that using for example virtuaDubMod to encode the avi file in an xvid file (single or duble pass) and than burn it to a dvd I will try to do it, or maybe can you suggest me a good software to do the best job avi -> DVD Video? Pc or Mac is not a problem.

thanks

Blog Entries

Keep all the media interlaced and considor adding some motion blur to smooth things out.

Hy Mark can you explay your reply a little bit? Why I need to interlace my avi file? Have to do it with virtuadubmod? What software do you suggest? Teach me please!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast