Thread: Premiere Pro 1.5 and 6.5

Default Premiere Pro 1.5 and 6.5

Hello. First time posting. I am wondering about installing Premiere Pro 1.5 on my PC. I already have Premiere 6.5 and want to know if I have to uninstall 6.5 before I can put Pro 1.5 on, or can I install Pro 1.5 alongside it without issues? I would like to avoid conflict obviously, and history has taught me that things are never as simple as they should be when it come to computers. Any help or guidance would be appreciated. Thanks.

You pretty much answered your own question,
    definitely uninstal first, as you basically said- Computers are Computers.
    If you want to use any of the other files already created, just uninstal but save preferences.

3. Default

for some reason i installed PPro along side P6.5 and had no problems... however, PPro is much better than P6.5 so i wouldn't worry about uninstalling it.

Default 6.5 and PPro 1.5

Thanks for the advice and help! I guess my concern is that if I uninstall 6.5, and then something goes wrong with the PPro1.5 install, that I won't be able to go back. I have had that happen one time when I tried to upgrade from Pinnacle Studio 9 to Liquid 6. I uninstalled Studio 9, and then something went wrong while installing Liquid 6 (the disc was corrupted). But then after taking Liquid 6 off, and RE-installing Studio 9, it has never worked since. It won't export and crashes all the time. I am worried that if I uninstall 6.5, I may never get it back. Computers being what they are (especially PC's), you just never know. But if installing PPro 1.5 will cause conflicts with 6.5, then I don't want that either. Komatoast, you were able to install both alongside each other without issues? Windows XP? Thanks.

Blog Entries

I had 6.5 running alongside 1.0 no problem. 1.0 and therefore 1.5 is so radically different from 6.5 that I pressume there's no issue.

Bournemouth, UK

all adobe products install to their own folder and will sit quite happily on the same PC.
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production