Thread: camcorder lens cleaning tips?

Default camcorder lens cleaning tips?

Hi everyone!

I've been wandering, does anybody know any tips about how we should clean our camcorder lens, and how often we should do it? It's been a while that my camcorder lens is not as clean as it used to be. And i've been very careful about treating it (we don't want to scratch the precious lens don't we?)

anyone can help?

thank's before!
    The truth is within us...

Blog Entries

If it looks dirsty celan it. I generally clean mine each time I use it.

I use a clean glasses cloth and that spray you use on glasses. Actually I dont clean the lens because it always lives behind a plain glass filter, I clean that and that protects the lens from mishaps.

Blog Entries

My technique is... Firstly, blow any dust off, if you have a lens brush then use it to get rid of dust and grit. Then go onto the smears, breathe on the lens such that it gets a film of condensation then use a lens cleaning leather or a lens tissue. Don't use normal tissues (they often have things like balsam in them which smears) or any cloth not specifically for cleaning lenses, they may scratch. Don't use impregnated tissues for cleaning glasses either.
    Start from the outside of the lens and work your way to the middle (otherwise you just push the crud into the edge of the lens. Don't use force or pressure, patience rather than power. If you're going to use a lens cleaning fluid then use it sparingly and don't let it flow into the corners.

Then screw a U.V. filter on to the lens.

This is how I do it, there are no hard-and-fast rules but I've found it works for me.

Lenses have a coating or bloom on them to cut down on internal reflections. This coating is not as strong as glass which is why you've got to be very careful when cleaning.

4. Default

my tip is dont use sandpaper - that would be an expencive mistake!

the best thing to do to protect your lens is get a clear glass filter for your camera lens to hide behind like mark said.

Using UV filters is great, but for tiny camcorders, you just have to be careful with that itsy bitsy lens. A clean, soft cloth works well, anyway. I use the wet silk hankies that are used for glasses too.

Whoa, so many tips. Thank you guys!

btw, the UV filter that you guys mention. Is that some-kind of add on like wide-lens or tele-lens that can be installed directly in front of the lens?

for your information, i'm currently using a sony DCR-TRV6E.
    The truth is within us...