Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vegas wont save and some questions

Default Vegas wont save and some questions

Ok, I finished my m-vid, it has .wmv extension clips, but vegas wont save it, when I do save it it finishes sometimes it cuts the veido or the when the veido is finished black screen comes after

I have some other questions as well

Can you speed your clips up?

Can you put one clips characters face or body on the other clip if so, how?

K if you want to save your movie and watch it, go file>render as> and i would save as .avi or .wmv whichever you prefer(.avi faster to render i have noticed.)

to speed up your clips i hold ctrl and move mouse along edge of clip and when you minimize or expand clip it will either speed it up or expand it.

To crop the clip to how you like just select the part of the clip you want to show face or whatever. Cut and paste it so its separate and and click on the crop tool which is on far right of clip (box with little lines at corners) then crop it to show what you want and it will fill the frame with what you have selected then do same for other part of clip so you can have it look like different cut although this tends to blur your scene somewht and it would be better just to film separate cuts.

Blog Entries

007 is correct about Ctrl to expand the clip, but the only snag is you are limited to one speed.You can speed up, slow down and even halt a scene using the Velocity Envelope tool. We went into great detail about that on this thread... http://www.videoforums.co.uk/sony-vegas-media-studio/9945-how-do-velocity-slow-motion-effect.html and I posted a couple of clips there demonstrating what can be achieved.

Also, I got the impression from your post that you want to actually take someone or something from one clip and move it to another... If that is so, you would be better using Track Motion and masking rather than Pan Crop. It'll be a fiddly job but can be done. About halfway through this clip http://www.turnmedia.co.uk/videos/lib.wmv I cut the beatles out of the Sgt Pepper cover, and had them move forward while the rest blurs. That was done with masking and track motion.
    Last edited by Andy Lockwood; 10-17-2006 at 09:42 PM.

Thanks guy's, I got my side questions awnsered but not the main one. I have tried saving it all formats but my m-vid will save wrong lik I told you.

Also how do I make my clips hiegth like middle and the width wide enough to fit the whole screen, like black on top but the clip should cover the screen in width. Can you give me the settings for the kind of thing?
    Last edited by cycangfx; 09-12-2006 at 11:47 PM.

Blog Entries

The way 007 described in his Pan /Crop part is how you make the image fill the screen. To make the video last from one place to another, select that part on the timeline and select Render Loop Region Only.

I cant find that loop region only option, can you tell me where it is?

Blog Entries

From memory (I'm not at my editing PC) I believe its in the `Render As` dialogue box.

Blog Entries

I was correct in the above. Unless you have a region selected though, the option will be greyed out.

Thanks man you guys helped me alot, espacilly you turn media, if you need anything and I mean anything holar me at smartkilo@yahoo.ca

Also is there a way to apply the crop changes to all clips at once?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast