Thread: Ithink my codec is broken but im not shure

Question Ithink my codec is broken but im not shure

ok... so it all started after a summer of wakeboarding. i came home and found out that my computer was crashed beyond repair so i reinstalled. thne i tried to capture vidoe from my Samsung SC-d453. i captured it and proceded to split it with (easy video splitter) and it said it split it and i tried to play it and it wont play. so i thought maybe it was the capture software (power director 5) so i tried win (dvd creator 2) and i got same error. so now im thinking it is the dv codec or driver for my samsung but of cource samsung does not have an update out for it. is there some way i can fix it because im begining to think samsung is a very bad choice for a camcorder.

If you have managed to get the footage to the pc and play it, then it is more likely to be a problem with the software. Try editing a small bit in power director and output it from that first. If this works then you know it is the split software.
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

but i have tried 3 different splitters and all the same error.also i need to split the video before i can edit in power director if anyone knows of good splitting software please let me know.

does power director give you the option to split and trim the the clip?
    are you using USB to capture the video?

Windows mm will split the clip for you when the video is captured and also allow it to be trimmed on the timeline. no need for this extra splitting part of the process.

Capture to MM using the firewire port from the cam (no drivers required), choose DV-AVI in the capture options and when you have finished MM will split the video in to clips which you can drag to the timeline and trim again if needed, add transitions, titles and music as you wish and save to computer as DV-AVI, then use power director to convert to DVD.

Win MM is actually better than most of these free bundle apps, try and see if it works.
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production