Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Elvis Blackout - `Vitamin MEB`

Blog Entries

Default My Elvis Blackout - `Vitamin MEB`

The band that supported Quo when they played Lincoln Castle a few weeks ago. I had my camera, they had some money, I filmed. I really like this band and their music..... how weird is that

(14Mb and about 4 minutes)
    Last edited by Andy Lockwood; 12-18-2006 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Video Link now removed, Media deleted

This track grew on me Ė didnít care for it at first, but itís meaty, and itís got balls. It still puzzles me how to synch footage from a single camera with the full track from the sound desk. I could fudge it my own way, but it would still be a fudge.

More rock videos, I say, and plenty of them!

Blog Entries

The lads played this alot faster live than from the CD (Where the sound actually comes from). As a result, there is alot of velocity envelope work to speed the vid to sync with the track. In places, I've fudged it quite badly actually. (Watch the drummer!) The video on average rose to around 108% of normal speed, and I used the pans from one guy to another to snip more out.

EDIT - three more tracks to do yet from their EP, so I'll post what I can!

I liked it. I couldn't realy tell it was not real time, nicely done. The guy on keys looked pretty bored though..lol
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Blog Entries

Just for Tony A...

Slingshotting by My Elvis Blackout.

And yes, the keys man does look a tad bored. He claimed it was all smoke and mirrors. The guitarist on the left was totally unnerved by the camera but his playing was still pretty damn good.
    Last edited by Andy Lockwood; 12-18-2006 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Video Link now removed, Media deleted

Blog Entries

Looked fine to me, I assumed you must have a feed off the desk.

Cheers, TM. I had an inkling the lead guitar was nervous, but as you say, he played fine. Another good track, I like these guys, and they must be pleased with your results.

I did notice the drumming synch in the first vid, but in a fast track it doesnít grab attention.

A one-time player myself, reckon I could show some younger guitarists a trick or two. Iíve toyed with doing a two-track composite (maybe three) for some blues improvisation, but Iíd need an effects box for separation Ė and for the result to have any guts. Might just have a go at it, though.

Blog Entries

Opinions now please.. I've gone alot heavier with saturation, colour curves, contrast etc... Not sure if it's a better look. Appreciate your thoughts.

This one's called Food Chain.

Last edited by Andy Lockwood; 12-18-2006 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Video Link now removed, Media deleted

Much improved IMO. Always better to have a dense black than a bleached dark grey, and strong colours are always preferable to washed out Ďwatercoloursí, especially with punchy, hard-hitting music.

The stage lighting didnít change much throughout, so Iíd be tempted to blend some parts to different colour tints to provide variation Ė then ask the band about it! I think the colour does need to alter at times, but thatís my view.

The overall hue is yellow/orange, so a switch to a blue/purple/cyan tritone wouldnít hurt. Plus a high-contrast tweak during some bits. I do think some visual variation would lift it, especially as they play a full set. Thatís my shekelís worth, anyway.

Blog Entries

Cheers Tony. I'll see what I can do with it. That's the last track I have decent sound to match to the CD as....guess what.... Quo's PA cut out halfway through the last number and left them hanging.... Not sure if it was a hint from the crew for them to get off or whether it was a genuine fault. Suffice to say, sound off the camera is very poor and really unuseable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast