Thread: The Beatles

Blog Entries

Default The Beatles

Here's a show opener I've done for the beeb to open a concert featuring local acts celebrating the music of the Beatles and Lennon / McCartney individually. Not alot you can do that's not already been done I guess where the Beatles are concerned, but I did what I could. Last third is where I think I did something a bit different, but make your own minds up. It's 15.4meg wmv. Enjoy.

http://www.turnmedia.co.uk/videos/lib.wmv

Blog Entries

Yes, very beatlestastic and nicely done. Builds nicely to a very nice last 45 secs.

A great tribute to them, Mr Lockwood. Not an easy brief to make a film that embraces all they achieved, but you done good!

Who does that accompanying music? There are some very subtle pieces in it – cameo harmonies from so many of their songs, I doubt if younger folk would recognise all of them. Whoever created that had a great affection for all they did, and personally, I know every one of their songs note-for-note.

Remember Ringo saying “We were just four shit-kickers from Liverpool…”? Their success was as much a surprise to them as the rest of the world. Thanks for posting, that’s a great piece of work.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tony A View Post
    Who does that accompanying music? There are some very subtle pieces in it – cameo harmonies from so many of their songs, I doubt if younger folk would recognise all of them. Whoever created that had a great affection for all they did....
    It's Liverpool Express that did this excellent homage to them. They have allowed us to use it in the show, but I'm not so sure about me posting it up for all the world to see. But... I thought it was that good I couldn't resist posting it. I love the nods they've included to the vast Beatle repertiore and as you say Tony, there's a lot of subtlety hidden away in it. I think they did a fantastic job.

Thanks for the comments on the vid by the way. Cheers all