Thread: Rendering times in Vegas Video 4: rendering video smoothly

Default Rendering times in Vegas Video 4: rendering video smoothly

I have Vegas Video 4 and the rendering times are insanely long. For a 2 minute video it takes 40 minutes, and the video is jumpy and not right. what can i do to make it render properly? Pre rendering does the same thing. My pc is 2.7 gigahertz p4, 256 mb ram.

What export settings are you using?

I am exporting as a mov file or .mov, and it is at 30fps compression is ISO mpeg 4 video v1, i think that is about it, seems like audio is fine but the video is extremly skippy

Any particular reason why you chose 30fps (or are you just rounding up). What's your source material. Have you tried other codecs?

Default codec is sony dv third party

the rate i am using is 29.970, just rounding although sometimes thats what it says, i think that is standard dv right? the video format is sorenson video 3. umm the codec i am not sure, but it is a quicktime file(.mov) and is mpeg concept 4, but i can switch to NTSC, maybe that would be faster. i can either use a sony dv codec or a microsoft dv, i think that i am using sony third party codec. i am not sure how to change to microsoft. is there any settings that u know of that would make a clear video, or would it be more effective to use mpeg 1/2? thank you

Hey, this is my first post at this forum so I look forward to hangin' round.

I use Vegas also and I'm not too sure about your settings but I would highly reccommend a RAM upgrade. Render times have soooo much to do with ram. When I moved my ram from single to dual-channel I noticed a significant speed increase in render times. I'm still finding my 512MB of PC2700 too slow though so I expect my dual-channel 1GB of PC4000 that I ordered off of Ebay to arrive tomorrow :twisted: