Thread: What software for a Intel Mac?

Default What software for a Intel Mac?

Hi Guys, Iím a pro photographer and new into motion picture. Iíve got a MacBookPro, with which I will work on my first short. Iím trying to figure what software I will be able to work with. As long as I know for an Intel based Mac - Final Cut need an upgrade after proof of purchase of the original set and Avid is coming out only in December. So, these are not good for me at the moment. Do you know what similar pro software works well with the dual processor? Since Adobe keeps up with Intel changes quite well (even if itís not perfect Ėin Photoshop) ĖWould you recon that Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 would be the choice? Could you give me some more software options that you know that works with Intel based Macs? Thanks for your advice in advance. Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by adrianko View Post
    As long as I know for an Intel based Mac - Final Cut need an upgrade after proof of purchase of the original set
    You have answered your own question. Buy FCP
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

Ya definietly if you got a mac Final cut pro is the way to go, although i prefer vegas on the PC but FCP has its advantages.

The problem is that I would probably buy the upgrade, but I couldn't afford the original CD's of the FC Pro. It's almost £1000. That's why I was looking for more Pro software options for Intel Mac, so I can look around and maybe find someone who can give me his for an exchange. My iMovie can't do basic things like turning vertical captures into horizontals, etc. Any sugestions?

Blog Entries

Check out this list from wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...iting_software

There appears to be a 'budget' version of fcp, then there is avid, also expensive I think, but the is a free version too.

You might considor running windows to broaden your choice of software....