Thread: No audio output

Default No audio output

Ok so I've been capturing a whole lot for my clan and still cant figure out what the problem is with my audio. Ill capture something, view the clip, and its mute...almost, there are these really odd and loud static noises that go off during the clip. I have a Hauppuage WinTV PVR PCI II Capture card and I use Movie maker currently...any help at would be immensely appreciated, thanks.
    \"...keepin\' blood, keepin\' faith. And I\'m still right here...\"

check in the recorder settings under audio in win MM and in the card software and check that the card is set to record from the correct input.

Just a thought.
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

Are you capturing from a VCR deck or a camcorder?

Unhappy

Yeah I run my av cables from vcr to back of tower...the video picks up but once again: no audio output...

Is audio plugged into your Hauppuage WinTV PVR PCI II or is it connected into the soundcard on the computer?

Its a capture card, and yes they're all connected to the back of the appropriate ends..

Try this, open up the Control Panel and double click on Sounds and Audio Devices, when the window opens click on the Audio tab and under Sound Recording select appropriate audio input device from the drop down list. Click on Apply and Ok.

Wink

The dropdown box offers only RealTekHdinput and LineIn/Mic in..of course I have Realtek turned on..Im pretty sure I have everything checked..I dont think Ill EVER have this problem solved over the internet, its truly hopeless. I need to take my pc somewhere and let them have a look at it. Thanks for the help though..

Quote Originally Posted by sP o Phaith View Post
    Its a capture card, and yes they're all connected to the back of the appropriate ends..
    Does this mean that the cables are attached correctly to the capture card?

If so then the audio recording device in win MM should be set to the capture card and not the default realtek recording device.

It is possible that win MM won't give you an option for this and will only offer microphone or line in. So what you need to do is uplug the audio leads from the capture card and convert the connections to a stereo 3.5mm jack and plug it in to the line in or mic jack on the back of the motherboard/sound card.

If you use the mic socket the signal will need to be attenuated by using the slider in the soundcard recording properties, make a few test recordings to make sure there is no distortion.

Sorry being a bit slow here

If you are using the card to view TV, tune it to VCR and record it with the TV veiwing software that came with card, if you are using Win MCE do the same thing and remove all the microsoft rubbish from the recorded MS-DVR stream , you will end up with an pure Mpeg2 video stream.
    Last edited by miwhel; 09-18-2006 at 07:15 PM.
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

Plug the audio into the 3.5mm stereo line in socket on your soundcard and select Line In from the drop down menu as I described earlier, that's how I record audio from my VCR when I'm capturing footage from old VHS tapes and that works for me.