Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone got their own websites

Smile anyone got their own websites

for all you guys whom have their own websites, I've only just got into this realm recently and was wondering if i could get a few tips on how to generate some traffic!

It's obviously pretty crappy at the moment, hence I'm asking for some advice on how to make it better

here's the site if you want to have a look

www.revamppro.com

thanks to anyone whom can help

I tried letting google know but couldn't find an option on their front page,
    also couldn't find any key words through any search engines to even bring it up.

This doesn't bother me too much because i'll be generating business in other ways, HOWEVER
    it'll still be nice to know if people punch in certain words my sites address will come up

cheers
    Last edited by john12; 09-12-2006 at 11:26 AM.

Blog Entries

I have my own website.

For useful webmaster info, visit www.webmasterworld.com

3. Default

my website is www.komatoast.co.uk enjoy

Blog Entries

www.zaskarfilms.com - crap site, great films !

My excuse i did it all from 'whats a server' to 'cool' in only 4 days, including learning fp.

As for traffic, time I think is the key. My site has been up for 3 years and traffic has slowly increased consistently. I guess I get a few hits from people looking for 'zaskar' the mountain bike or the himalayas as it gets the top result in google. That suprised me.

I get about 100 unique visitors a day with the odd spike up to 300. I really have little idea where they all come from apart from the occasional viral video that storms across talk boards now and again. The ocean finance film has been a hit several times and caused me to use all my b width one month.

Oh I remember something that deffo worked, I got our local whats on mag to feature me in their e mail spam and in a the mag as a daft site worth a visit, just asked them.

Obvious I spose but put your site adress in all emails. Get your friends to tell thier friends.

Cant really help more as I am crap at promoting myself.

thanks to all for help, it's much appreciated

I guess it's more a time thing, and learning how to conect links etc

also i need to find out how to make each page on my site register to google seperately,
    so as when some one puts in the certain main words to one of my pages, it brings them to that paticular page, I think you get what i mean
    by the way Mrk w, your showreel was crazy, I loved it! Have you done much payed work, or is it all for the love of film making.
    looks like you've done heaps in the last 5 or so years.

cheers to all
    Last edited by john12; 09-09-2006 at 06:47 AM.

I've owned and operated several sites over the past few years and this is always the holy grail. You need to build links back to your site from other sites. These are commonly called backlinks.

You also need to have constantly changing and/or updating content. This tells the search engines (Yahoo, MSN and Google) that your site is dynamic and being cared for my a dedicated webmaster. If your content rarely or never changes, the search engines have no reason to come back.

Lastly, I recommend that you spend a ton of time in forums.digitalpoint.com. They helped me out more than any other site.

thanks jawinn your advice is also most helpful

cheers to all!

John, what have you used to create the site?

Google are always changing their search criteria so it doesn't always follow but...

You need to add some key words to your HTML script. not repetitive or Google will penelise you for that and bounce you back to the bottom of the list. Think about what words really desribe your site and what words you would put in a search if you were looking for you?!

I manage on average 650 unique hits a day on my site www.fastroc.co.uk and have peaked at 2157 unique hits in one day when I was doing some promo stuff last year. It is true that success breads success and it is also true that you need to generate interesting content to keep the traffic moving.

Good Look.

.............Neil

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nash View Post
    I manage on average 650 unique hits a day on my site www.fastroc.co.uk and have peaked at 2157 unique hits in one day when I was doing some promo stuff last year.
    Curious to know what how you're measuring those stats Neil.

Hi Marc,
    I have webstats on my site. I am hosted by PLUSNET and they have a load of stats set up that measure all of this. I get the same from Tiscali (who host another site I look after for a client of mine).

I have attached an example of some of the info I get. This isn't totally representitive as the total information is business sensitive. It's just to give you a feel for the kind of thing I get and use to focus my marketing.

Hope that helps.

.........Neil
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast