Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone try out the Sony Hdr-hc3?!?!

Default Anyone try out the Sony Hdr-hc3?!?!

Im in the market right now for a fairly affordable HD camcoder and my research has led me upon this. Some sites it canbe found for $700 usd. Saw it in circuit city the other day for like $1200 usd and loved the picture quality. Just wondering some other stuff if anyone has one or demo'd one. My main question is what method does the camera use to capture video to your computer. Does it use firewire? Also, i am editing in sony vegas and i was wondering if the rendered videos for the web (ie wmv files) reflect the HD recording or appear as high end SD quality. I have read some reviews. Any pros/cons anyone has seen about this camera please post! Im in college now cash is already tight and i want to make sure i dont spend my money on anything that i wont be happy with.

Thanks!
    Nic

Nic

From what I understand about this camera is the following

1) It uses DV IN/Out
    2) It uses the same chip as the HC1
    3) It likes to pixilate certain areas during closeups and objects that are curved.

I am not sure about the picture quality. If you get a chance to test one, Let me iknow the results. I was thinking of purchasing the same camera.

Thanks

Sean Fleck
    Easystream Networks
    Your Streaming Media Partner since 1997

http://www.easystream.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nicodemayo View Post
    .... i was wondering if the rendered videos for the web (ie wmv files) reflect the HD recording...
    If you render to another format or quality, it can only appear as that. HD quality will only be apparent when played back as so.

I've just taken delivery of the HC1 and am looking forward to trying it out.

Let me know how it works. I am looking into getting a new cam soon. I am interested in how it handles low light and saturation of colors and overall quality as well. Enjoy the new toy

Sean Fleck
    Easystream Networks

Your Streaming Media Partner since 1997
    http://www.easystream.com

Well i played with one of these bad boys at circuit city and they had it hooked up to a Hd lcd with the hd composites and the image was god for a $1200 camera($1500 at circuit city lol). But i've checked out reviews all over and they are all excellent but the only complaint is the mic jack or somthing is a sony only plugin or somthin and they say it doesnt have that great of sound pickup uless you buy an aftermarket but they say it has great performance even compared to its older brother like the fx1.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nicodemayo View Post
    .........and the image was god for a $1200 camera..........
    Blimey, that does sound excellent....

haha thats pretty much how it was. I want this camera baaaad but it looks like chirstmas is my only option which kinda stinks but i guess the waits worth it cause i wont be paying for it. There will probably be a nice price drop by then too.

Blog Entries

Nico - make sure your software / hardware can handle HDV. Not all editors can and all that can will need dual core processors to avoid slug like performance.

Yes i have taken this into consideration. Im running an amd 64 3800+ processor, 1gb of crutial ram current video editing works great. I have edited some Hd video on vegas 6 and its a bit slower but it can handle it fine. I may upgrade to dual core later or if intel drops their prices for their core 2 duo's i might switch.

Blog Entries

I would be inerested to know how much longer those render times are with hdv.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast