Thread: fix a dark recording

Default fix a dark recording

Hi there

I have been video recording an event the weekend, but since I don't have the right equipment for setting up lights to get a good clear picture, I had to just shoot what ever there was.

So now I want to make the evening and night shots better, more clear. I know I cant get a picture as clear as a daylight shoot, but anything would help.

here is a 10 sec sample of the night shots.

http://www.clarksville.dk/files/dark.wmv

Tweak the clips’ brightness & contrast – Premiere’s image control can be finely tuned. Make the contrast about half to two thirds of the brightness value. It’s surprising how much detail you can bring out.

You could try a colour tint – fairly high contrast can give the impression of great detail & sharpness, and might add a stylish touch to your vid.

3. Default

in my experience its quite hard to make a dark video to look nice. tony is right, the brightness & contrast settings in prem are farly good but you often end up with an un-natural look to your video.

was the video of a CS lan?

Quote Originally Posted by komatoast View Post
    was the video of a CS lan?
    No it was from The eXperience in Roskilde, a BF2 live national championship, which we won

5. Default

well done.... i use to play CS quite some time ago. had to take it off my PC before it look over my life - too adictive!

Quote Originally Posted by komatoast View Post
    well done.... i use to play CS quite some time ago. had to take it off my PC before it look over my life - too adictive!
    hehe I know what you mean, I not an active player anymore, now I'm trying to be their video guru, and make hopefull make some good movies that our current and future sponsers like.

try using auto levels, and clip the white and black - or if you have AE, use colour correction - curves..