Thread: Creating a light effect with text....

Default Creating a light effect with text....

Hello
    I was wondering if it is possible to create an effect where there is light in the text that goes from one side of the text to the other. As if the light is in the text.
    I saw this in a video and they used this program and Vegas. So i know it can be done with either or.
    Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by RnAoDm View Post
    Hello
    I was wondering if it is possible to create an effect where there is light in the text that goes from one side of the text to the other. As if the light is in the text.
    I saw this in a video and they used this program and Vegas. So i know it can be done with either or.
    Thanks in advance.

what is 'this program' and "be done with either or" that makes no sense

and what do u mean light IN the text? do u mean the light shining through the text like this?

i meant to say
    " I saw this in a video and they used Adobe Priemere and Sony Vegas, so i know it can be done with one of these two programs."

Yea like that
    but moving from, no light to light and the light is in different parts of the word at different times.

Sounds like a job for trapcodes "shine" plugin

It can be done in Adobe After Effects using the Lens Flare effect. It is just a case of making sure that the layers are in the right order to get the effect you want. I believe the Lens Flare effect will go between your text and the background.

Mark
    www.onlinevideosolutions.co.uk
    enquiries@onlinevideosolutions.co.uk

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MStrutt View Post
    It can be done in Adobe After Effects using the Lens Flare effect. It is just a case of making sure that the layers are in the right order to get the effect you want. I believe the Lens Flare effect will go between your text and the background.

Mark
    www.onlinevideosolutions.co.uk
    enquiries@onlinevideosolutions.co.uk
    this would give you a nice cheesy effect and after effects can do soooo much more!
    the effect you are describing sounds like something trapcode shine can do. this is for after effects and premiere.

MStrutt - you keep making changes to your site, but in never seems to get any better :S i would really like to see some of you video work.

Quote Originally Posted by komatoast View Post
    this would give you a nice cheesy effect and after effects can do soooo much more!
    the effect you are describing sounds like something trapcode shine can do. this is for after effects and premiere.

MStrutt - you keep making changes to your site, but in never seems to get any better :S i would really like to see some of you video work.
    What is it with you? Do you get off on slagging off everyone else for no apparent reason. This is a forum not a slagfest.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MStrutt View Post
    What is it with you? Do you get off on slagging off everyone else for no apparent reason. This is a forum not a slagfest.
    im sorry if i seemed a bit harsh there.

http://www.wrigleyvideo.com/videotut...ppro_shine.htm

This tutorial might help. Although you have to download the plugin. Hope this helps.

Hi, I am fairly new to using After Effects so not exactly sure what effect it is your wanting, I was recently trying to order my effects on a object in a video I was editing I found the following information really helpful.https://goo.gl/vybK8m