Thread: Sony DCR-DVD805

Question Sony DCR-DVD805

Hi All:

I am panning to buy this camcorder. I want to take this camcorder upto 16,000 Ft high altitide. I have two questions now to all of you:

1] Is it alright to take this camcorder upto that altitude?
    2] I will take some vedio up there and will edit them at home. Is there any problem editing video on this model?

Please let me know as I'm running out of time :( Nedd to take decission right away!

Thanks a lot for your time!!

Cheers!!

Blog Entries

Due to the increased difficulty in editing from a DVD source, I would not recommend buying a DVD camera.

Thumbs up

Thanks very much for replying!!
    I found a Sony MiniDV DCR-HC96E [http://www.sonyindia.co.in/sonyindia...ber=DCR-HC96E]

If I buy this one, will I face such editing problem? Please let me know!

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    Due to the increased difficulty in editing from a DVD source, I would not recommend buying a DVD camera.

Anyone please?? :(

I haven't used that particular model but as it is MiniDV I would certainly recommend the format over DVD as Mark says it is difficult editing video recorded onto those mini DVD discs and the quality on MiniDV is much better. You also have Firewire on the MiniDV cam which again allows high quality video (and audio) to be transferred to the computer and editing software is more amenable to this format compared to DVD. After you've captured and then edited the footage you can then output to DVD, it's best to keep DVD to the end rather than start with it.

Smile

Thanks Nikosony! I got Sony hc96e -let me play with it and I will let you guys know about it.

Thumbs up

BTW, can you PLEASE tell me from where I wd download free vidio editing software for hc96e?

Thanks

You could try downloading a free 30 days trial of all the popular software and see which one you like. If you have Windows XP then you will have Windows Movie Maker 2, it's a great little editing program to get you started although it's output options are quite limited. If you want to produce DVD's of your movies then you may need to look at something like Ulead DVD Movie Factory or Adobe Premiere Elements 2 (APE2).