3 50.00%
  • No! We Don't

3 50.00%
  • I'd Rather go some Where else for Audio Questions

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Forum?

Default New Forum?

Since Audio is a very big part of video editing would it be possible to have a special section for Audio production. Something like A "Sony Acid, Sound Forge, Cubase, Audition, Pro Tools" Question Board. I'm sure there are others that go to other sites to find information, but it would be nice to just come here.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Quote Originally Posted by Chapman Photography View Post
    Since Audio is a very big part of video editing would it be possible to have a special section for Audio production. Something like A "Sony Acid, Sound Forge, Cubase, Audition, Pro Tools" Question Board. I'm sure there are others that go to other sites to find information, but it would be nice to just come here.
    Er, didn't you just post this question in our audio forum?

Blog Entries

The impoprtance of good sound is often overlooked and it deserves more consideration, but as Alan says, this is the audio section.... isnt this enough?

Blog Entries

Having just spent weeks and weeks "doing" audio for the magazine, I'll agree that audio is overlooked by most videomakers. The problem is getting visual-minded people to take an interest. It's only just become my latest obsession because I was forced to research it and, in doing so, it became obvious that the majority of videographers tolerate sound, rather than embracing it.

The lack of postings in the "Audio" section of Videoforums demonstrates that.

Although I agree that having a couple of specific sections such as "sound recording" and "audio software" might attract more people interested in the sound side, I'm not sure that it would work with Marc's redesign of the site on the "keep it simple" principle.

Who else would support a professional Audio forum except for Robin and Alan?

I wouldn't mind one. But maybe some one should make a sister forum?

Blog Entries

I'm not "supporting" a professional audio forum, in fact I was suggesting that there probably wasn't enough interest to justify having a bigger audio section. My suggestion was that, as a trial, having a couple of extra categories or, as Luke suggests, a separate forum to see how much interest could be raised.

I think Marc's got enough on his plate at the moment though.

Blog Entries

I don't mind offering sound advice too. There are masses of sites like this but dedicated to audio software and anyone not getting the answer here will most likely go somewhere like them that are totally dedicated to the subject. I think what we have is enough. I would be surprised if a forum dedicated to let's say Adobe Audition would have a video section too.

Well. If i have some spair time. I could make a audio forum. But i don't no if Marc would be willing to have it as a sister forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Mihai View Post
    Who else would support a professional Audio forum except for Robin and Alan?
    I'm flattered!

Seriously though, as predominantly, an amatuer videography set of forums I do not think there is enough demand for a wider reaching audio forum. A year or so ago, during a reorg I suggested to Marc a seperate After Effects forum which Marc duly made. Basically, it got bugger all hits and so got merged in with the other Adobe s/w. It's getting more questions and discussion now though.

Given the target audience of the forums I don't think it would work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast