Thread: Help me!

Question Help me!

Hello everyone I am new to this forum, I have sought it out because I am having trouble getting my PC to recognize my new video camera. I bought a used Sony DSR-200 DVCAM camera. I do not have any driver software, and this is probably the issue, but I cannot find that software online anywhere. I want to connect to my PC using the 1394 interface, and at this point Windows has yet to even recognize the connection. What can I do?

Thank you in advace.

Not that this is going to help, but using firewire you shouldn't need drivers. Are you using Windows XP?

Western Europe

The drivers you are speaking about are usually only for USB work, such as transferring still pictures and using the camcorder as a webcam. You should just be able to connect directly to the computer using a Firewire cable, it carries both pictures and sound. Whenever you connect does the computer make a little sound or if you go into the Device Manager, it should be listed in there as an imaging device. You may even find it in My Computer under the icons for the hard disk and DVD/CD Rom icons.