Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 min horror - Gialloesque

Default 2 min horror - Gialloesque

This was my entry to the recent Horror Channel 2 minute horror competition. It is entitled "Gialloesque" and is a Giallo inspired horror thriller in the vein of Dario Argento.

Please let me know what you think.

http://rapidshare.de/files/31118786/...st93_.wmv.html

or

http://www.mysharefile.com/d/9214025...an_best93_.wmv

Seemed a lot like the movie "Secret Window"

As with your other films, you do the shock tactics really well. The spying-eye-meets-eyeball is a scene Iíve wanted to do for a while myself. The quick cuts are so effective, visually telling the story and creating tension from the first frame. I like this better than your last one, actually, itís lean meat with no fat at all. And your arty camera style is strong IMO Ė reminds me of Polanskiís way of directing. Great stuff.

Wow, that is an absolutely awesome video!
    http://balukmagic.com
    taking impossibility to a whole new level

Wow. I've just returned from my holidays and I must admit I am very disappointed with the level of viewings and feedback.

Ah well, you're missing out on a cracking horror short that will scare the pants off you!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mhh View Post
    I must admit I am very disappointed with the level of viewings and feedback.
    I guess it must be a little dissapointing. But unfortunately there are a LOT of hit and runners on the forums - the regulars who diligently answer questions and offer comments unfortunately sometimes miss the odd post. The moral? I'll let your work that one out

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mhh View Post
    Wow. I've just returned from my holidays and I must admit I am very disappointed with the level of viewings and feedback.

Ah well, you're missing out on a cracking horror short that will scare the pants off you!
    The Oscars in the post.

Nicely made but awful acting. Bit choppy for my tastes at the start. A bit overstated really but as a spoof it works well.

It didnt scare me at all.

Also, if you are keen to get people to watch the film might I suggest a not using that annoying hosting service. Get your own web space.
    Last edited by Mark W; 09-25-2006 at 10:11 PM.

Thanks for the comments.

I normally use Savefile but they have experienced major problems recently. The comment about "scaring the pants off you" was just a ruse to get someone to watch it. I'd like to see anyone make something scary in 2 minutes as scares are all in the build up. However, from comments so far there are 2 scenes that should make you really jump out your seat in the great horror tradition.

I must say though, I didn't think the acting was that bad.

Blog Entries

Well it was very very well made, lighting and shooting and editing was good, as I said maybe a bit too fast for my tastes and perhaps this polished look made the pants acting look noticable.

Was it made to ttime limit as it looked a bit rushed at the start?

The time limit for the competition was 2 minutes. Very limiting but I'm happy with what we achieved.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast