Thread: Colors are off

Default Colors are off

Hey,

I captured some video from my Xbox 360 but when i play it back with Windows Media player it shows red as if it was purple or sum like that. The colors are perfect when i play it back in winamp the only problem i then have is that the video is upside down lol
    I was gonna make a nice video of it all in Adobe Premiere so i was kinda hoping one of you guys/gals knew how to fix it.

I'm kinda new to the whole video editing thing so if you could help me out i'd apreciate it hehe

I'm not an xpert on the xbox (sorry, I couldn't resist that) but the colours may be 'off' as it probably has a limited colour palette, a few thousand compared to millions of colours used in video. It may also have a set palette and when you play a video clip in your editor the video may have to substitute colours that aren't available. Also things like resolution, screen size and frame rate will also affect picture quality.

So how would i go about fixing this? What program could i use?

I'd like to find a solution to fix this in adobe premiere since this is the only program i can do video editing on lol (just started)
    I take it there has to be a solution seeing how the video is displayed perfectly in winamp only problem it has there is that the picture is flipped hehe
    Last edited by M4NI4K; 09-04-2006 at 02:28 AM.

I don't use Winamp so I am not familiar with it settings, but if you can save or export the video - as an avi or mov, don't use any other format as Adobe Premiere will throw a hissy fit with other formats, as it appears to play alright in that particular application. There may be a particular CODEC (COmpresserDECompressor) in Winamp that allows it to use the Xbox files but Adobe doesn't have it, if you could find out what it is called and see if there is one for Adobe it might help. See if there is a Properties entry in one of the drop down menu's while you play the video in Winamp, you might be lucky and find the names of both the video and audio codecs.