Thread: Whats the the better choice?

Default Whats the the better choice?

I'm looking int getting a audio program for sound tracks and scoring videos. I have acid 6 but was looking at "sonic fire pro 4" and sony's "cinescore" befor I DL the demos can I get the opions of this board on whats better, eaiser ec...
    Thanks
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

I use sonicfire pro 4 and absolutely love it. Especially the moodmapping capabilities with their new multi-layered tracks. Years ago their music was cheesy, but now it's excellent. Go listen to the Filmcomposer range!

I can't compare or comment on the other tools, but they are really quite different to SonicFire Pro which is a tool to allow you to create perfect length royalty free music, selectable by genre, mood, feel, and tempo.
    Lloyd

That's my opinion. If you don't like it I have others

System: Apple Macbook Pro 17, and an external Freecom 500GB eSATA drive.
    Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

Do I need to buy extra stuff to make it work or is there free loops?
    Wil

Software Used:

Strictly speaking these are not loops. It's a lot more intelligent than that and will construct music to the exact right length of any given clip. Depending on which package you choose you could end up with one of the strata tracks (their multilayer tracks) or entire sets. It really depends on budget.

Visit their web site here: www.smartsound.com
    Lloyd

Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

Blog Entries

That is very very clever software, could be a must have. I will check out the trial I think.

With the moodmapping functionality it's really an excellent piece of software. It plugs in natively to most editing software (although Premiere Pro requires you to purchase Quicktracks too). However, you can use it's own interface if you want (and in fact you have to for moodmapping as this is not yet implemented natively through in any editing suite yet). I use smartsounds all the time and have amassed quite a library of tunes. Definitely worth a look.
    Lloyd

My biggest concern is that you have to buy the music from them. It would be nice if you could get "buy out" music and plug it in. Its seem to be the same way with cinescore. I purchased Acid awile back but have not realy used it much. Sonic fire has peaked my attention though.
    Wil

Software Used:

Blog Entries

D loaded the demo, very impressive. Seriously considering a purchase now....