1. Make sure your DVD is finalized.
2. Place the DVD in your computer drive.
3. Look for a folder titled VIDEO_TS and double click on it to open it.
4. Look for files with the prefix VTS_01_1.VOB and if there is more than one they will be numbered sequentially, so there will be a 2, 3 and 4; they will be 1Gb in size if you hold the mouse pointer over them.
5. Click to highlight these files and copy them to a folder on your hard disk.
6. Once in the new folder, right mouse click on each individual .VOB file and select the 'properties' function at the bottom of the menu - just to make sure the files are not READ ONLY - if they are, get rid of the little green dot in the box.
7. When done, right mouse click again on each individual .VOB file and select the 'rename' function from the menu.
8. Give the file a recognisable name and give it the .avi file extension and hit the Enter key.
9. The icon will change to that of an AVI.
10. Open up Adobe or whatever software you are editing with and it should allow you to import the file, with no problems.