Thread: Rocky 6

Blog Entries

Default Rocky 6

Now I love the Rocky films (all four of them, Rocky 5 didn't exist to me). When I heard they were bringing out a new one, I automatically assumed they were making a remake of the original. Er no. Good old Rocky comes out of retirement (and this time it really is old age retirement) to try to beat the current champ. It actually looks quite tasty in a "I hope it isn't as crap as it sounds way".

Oh go on then, just one more training montage for old times sake.

http://www.mgm.com/rocky/

Blog Entries

Well my favourite Movie Announcement from Hollywood in recent weeks is the news that Peter Jackson is to remake the Dambusters.

I just can't wait to sit through the whole raid in real time (how else will he make it to his standard 14 hours long?) There will be Dolby THX enhanced bombs going off and shattering my ear drums while a computer generated squadron of (Middle Earth liveried) Avro Lancasters hammer the hell out of the Orks. Added to that, there's the substitution of a bloke in a suit against a green screen playing (the well known Hobbity hero) Guy Gibson's faithful dog, which will growl "Master" as it sits at the end of the fake runway in the new one. There's going to be an unfeasibly large dam, 124 stories high, with every concrete block rendered to absolute perfection to destroy. The water is going to look ever so realistic too... maybe even as good as real water. It's just bound to be a thrill an hour complete pile of computer generated doggy doo.

Then there's eighteen discs of DVD 'extras' to sit through after....
    And I bet he doesn't use The Dambuster's March as the theme.
    And where will the bloke from `Crossroads` fit in? (or was that 633 Squadron?)

Can't wait.
    Last edited by Andy Lockwood; 09-02-2006 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turn Media View Post
    Well my favourite Movie Announcement from Hollywood in recent weeks is the news that Peter Jackson is to remake the Dambusters.

I just can't wait to sit through the whole raid in real time (how else will he make it to his standard 14 hours long?) There will be Dolby THX enhanced bombs going off and shattering my ear drums while a computer generated squadron of (Middle Earth liveried) Avro Lancasters hammer the hell out of the Orks. Added to that, there's the substitution of a bloke in a suit against a green screen playing (the well known Hobbity hero) Guy Gibson's faithful dog, which will growl "Master" as it sits at the end of the fake runway in the new one. There's going to be an unfeasibly large dam, 124 stories high, with every concrete block rendered to absolute perfection to destroy. The water is going to look ever so realistic too... maybe even as good as real water. It's just bound to be a thrill an hour complete pile of computer generated doggy doo.

Then there's eighteen discs of DVD 'extras' to sit through after....
    And I bet he doesn't use The Dambuster's March as the theme.
    I had to laugh at this even if I did like a bunch of his other stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Turn Media View Post
    And where will the bloke from `Crossroads` fit in? (or was that 633 Squadron?)
    That would be Shughie McFee then eh? I remember him more from The Great Escape than 633 squadron.

4. Default

this actually looks really good! im quite looking forward to it coming out. the camera work and general look of the film is very much of the new skool of film look which is grand cos if it were to be done in the origional im not sure it would have looked as good in the trailer.

cant wait!