Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where's the DVD cover template in PhotoShop

Cool Where's the DVD cover template in PhotoShop

How do I gain access to the DVD template in PhotoShop?

I need to make some DVD covers so as to make a professional looking cover for my last to little movies plus for my show reel.

At work the other day, when I asked them how they made the cover for their latest documentary, they said in PhotoShop. So I'm taking it, it can be done!

Any Idea's

Lloyd

That's my opinion. If you don't like it I have others

System: Apple Macbook Pro 17, and an external Freecom 500GB eSATA drive.
    Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

No sorry LJR, I didn't explain it very well, I meant I need to know how to bring up the template setting in Photoshop to make a DVD cover, not template for my movie.

This option usually comes with CD Labelers but obviously it could be done far, far better in Photoshop it's self.

Their is an actual option in Photoshop so as I can create this staying in the correct boundaries etc.

Thanks anyway, it's appreciated.

one thing i did, and i don't know if this will help. Is to scan a normal DVD cover into photoshop then alter what you want to alter, The size and boundries are all there from your scaned image.

Hope this helps
    DUDE were's my car
    www.myspace.com/cheapdirt07

Scanning would usualy make the image bigger. Well, it does with my scanner. Try making a rough size of the DVD cover then save the image and add it to DVD cover software or where ever, then make it fit the template.

Thanks guys, taken it all on board.
    I just asumed when I was told he made them in PhotoShop, that maybe theirs a single push selection that brings up different templates for this.

Oh well, I suppose I've only got to muck around once, and when I know the exact size for my covers, I'll save it as it's own template.

Thanks for replies.

Perhaps this will help you (there appear to be some sample templates towards the bottom of the page)

http://www.digitalfaq.com/dvdguides/.../photoshop.htm
    Lloyd

That's my opinion. If you don't like it I have others

System: Apple Macbook Pro 17, and an external Freecom 500GB eSATA drive.
    Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

I've just uploaded this. See if it helps at all. You can open it in Photoshop as well as it;s native Illustrator and has guidelines fro DVD wraps.

http://www.alandmills.co.uk/DVD_Template.ai

Just rigth click and 'save as...'

Hi alan any chance you could send me the photoshop dvd template again please. I have changed my pc but never transfered my emails over.

That link still works

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast