Thread: Opening studio program file, after burning DVD

Question Opening studio program file, after burning DVD

Hei,

I'm not known as Norway's most knowledgeable man in computer technology. Nevertheless am I a great fan of editing home-made videos. My program, Pinnacle Studio 9 version 9.1, and me, have had our interferences, but now I can't go round the problem:

After I created a DVD out of my project, I can't open the Studio program file to my project in Pinnacle Studio 9.

I've only got my DVD-R with the movie. My wish is to make some changes to the project, because of some mistakes, and create a new DVD.

"The file "...." could not be opened" is the message from Studio 9, when trying to open the file.

I've still got my avi-files, and this is only a problem at this particular file.
    The file is still a Studio program file in the same map as the other projects.

Hopefully, you experts can help me achieve this and recieve a great result.

Thank you for this wonderful site. I will be grateful for any answer or advise.

Sincerely yours,

Håvard
    Norway

Okay, I don't own studio but let's go over a couple of the generic help suggestions. Are you saying you can use Explorer and see the AVI files on your harddrive?

Are you actually able to load the project (even if you can't load the media associated with the project)? If you can't load the actual project file, and you can see the project file exists in Explorer then I would suggest your file has somehow become corrupt. I don't know if Studio comes with a repair tool for damaged project files or not I'm afraid.
    Lloyd

That's my opinion. If you don't like it I have others

System: Apple Macbook Pro 17, and an external Freecom 500GB eSATA drive.
    Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

First of all: Thanks for answering Lloyd.

Well, I also think my file is corrupted, because I can't load the actual project file, and I can see the project file exists, and everything else works just fine.
    I meant that I still got the AVI-files that I made my project with, so I can do it all over again, but yeah..

I'll check what they have to offer in their manual or at their website.

Thanks anyway,

Håvard