Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help With Vegas

Default Help With Vegas

Ok guys i need help in editing effects for sony vegas 6.0d.

First of all how can i do the editing trick at 28 seconds on this video(how can i put a white outline on the ball)

Ok now you are going to have to download this next thing but im telling u the editing is amazing. Its a halo 2 montage the gameplay is by one of the best players in the world and the editing is done by one of the best halo 2 editors. If you like halo or video games then watch this.
    Heres the link - http://files.filefront.com/WalshyFin.../fileinfo.html

ok so at the start how did the editor put fire in the backround also at the start how does he make the letters come in from the top and bottom instead of the words.

At 45 seconds how is there like a lock on targer around somebodys head.

If you notice the top and bottom of the clip has bin trimmed off some how to hide the scores in the game how is this done

At 1 minute 18 seconds how the hell does he do wot hes done i cnt evan explain it because i dont know.

At 3 minutes how does the editor make the picture like explode into peices

At 3 minutes 15 seconds how has the editer made the footage go into a circle

At 5 minutes 38 how does the editer couse the footage to start flashing as it is spinngin around

At 5 minutes 43 how does the editor make the screen ripple

At 6 minutes 32 how does the editor outline the grenade with a white circle and how does the editor outline the person with white.

And last of all thanks to any 1 who helps i no theres loads of questions lol but it would really help a lot

I've downloaded the second one (only because Im a games head and curious) and will take it into work tonight where I will view it and get back to you. .
    Last edited by yeebsy; 08-27-2006 at 05:00 PM.
    ggmabaapbnebtrbatst

kool kool thanks 4 downloadin it i dint think any 1 would trust me its awesome oh and btw do u av xbox live??

Got a 360 but just use broadband for CS 1.6 and BF2.
    ggmabaapbnebtrbatst

dam y dont u get xbox live and play halo 2 llol and also av u woched the vid yet??

Watched it, very good. The reason I don't play Halo is the first one bored the tits of me as I found it very repetitive. Anyhow, the Vid.

45 seconds in is done in affter effects, don't ask cause I don't know how

1:18 in also done in after effects, very nice effect seen something similar on a cs flick, (damn I should look into getting AE)

3 mins in, done in Vegas, GOOGLE vegas 'shatter' plugin, it's out there

3:15 in, circle, the way I would do this is use 2 video tracks, on the top track use the 'cookie cutter' fx with a border selected (white) size the cutter to the size of the ball and using key frames move the cutter in time with the ball.

5:38 in, On the left side of your video line you will see different icons, one of them allows you to select 3d alpha (i think its alpha, it's 3d something) then a couple of icons along it will bring up a box with the 3d work space (sorry I can't be more specific but I'm at work and trying to do this from memory) adding key frames you can manipulate the picture to turn, the flashing you ask is just the video rotated a 180 degrees very quickly.

5:43 in, Screen ripple, this maty have been done in AE but is possible in vegas, once again 2 tracks, cookie cutter the riffle site out (top track) and the bottom track select 'swirl' fx, put a slight swirl on and you can move the point around with key frames to get the same effect.

6:32in, Once again AE (I realy need this program)

Just post back if you need more help, once I get home I can open vegas and look into it more in depth.
    ggmabaapbnebtrbatst

thanks youve been a great help, do you think the editor whod di this is good what would you rate his editing out of 10. Also did u like it lol halo is so much fun and i enjoy watching montages like that.

Overall a very good frag movie, the editing was spot on but I've seen most of these effects in CS movies, (it could have been compressed better, a 8 min frag vid can be encoded to under 100 meg and still keep the quality, this is like 215mb)I believe there was a different guy who done the 3d stuff, no faults there. Overall 9/10
    ggmabaapbnebtrbatst

lol sorry if am bein thick but wots a CS Movies lol oh and also how could he of compressed it to a 100 meg i need 2 no how to compress and not lose quality. uve been such a great help thanks dude

CS movie = Counter Strike movie. When encoding a frag movie, for best results you need to 'double pass' encode it. Once a agian just google this as there are some very good video tutorials for it. Try www.csflicks.net and goto the tutorial section.
    ggmabaapbnebtrbatst

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast